Hello from UK/Ramon Allones Club Allones 2015

FatPete

Hi and a big hello from the UK.
Hope I will learn a lot from this site.
Ive smoked  the odd cigar through my life, but when I went to Cuba last year I had a great time and as everyone was smoking, salsa, and the atmosphere I decided to smoke some more. I really enjoyed smoking Lanceros, Esplendidos,RYJ Churchills and Partagas D no4. All were quite different but very enjoyable.
I brought some Lanceros back and continued to enjoy them, and was quite excited to try new cigars. 
Since then I have smoked Fonseca KDT Cadetes, which I found aromatic and creamy, but went bitter at the end, so as a treat I bought an expensive Ramon Allones Club Allones 2015 limited edition. Well what a disappointment. All I got was a dry tobacco flavour from the start,which got progressively harsher as I smoked. Threw the last half away. Burnt well, plenty nicotine, but I could have smoked 3 packs of cigarettes for the price.
Not sure where to go with cigars now-stick to what I know or keep at it?
What do others think of the Ramon Allones Club Allones 2015 limited edition ?
Best wishes
FatPete

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome - sounds like your Club Allones need a little more time to reach their glory. Let us know what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, FatPete said:

Hi and a big hello from the UK.
Hope I will learn a lot from this site.
Ive smoked  the odd cigar through my life, but when I went to Cuba last year I had a great time and as everyone was smoking, salsa, and the atmosphere I decided to smoke some more. I really enjoyed smoking Lanceros, Esplendidos,RYJ Churchills and Partagas D no4. All were quite different but very enjoyable.
I brought some Lanceros back and continued to enjoy them, and was quite excited to try new cigars. 
Since then I have smoked Fonseca KDT Cadetes, which I found aromatic and creamy, but went bitter at the end, so as a treat I bought an expensive Ramon Allones Club Allones 2015 limited edition. Well what a disappointment. All I got was a dry tobacco flavour from the start,which got progressively harsher as I smoked. Threw the last half away. Burnt well, plenty nicotine, but I could have smoked 3 packs of cigarettes for the price.
Not sure where to go with cigars now-stick to what I know or keep at it?
What do others think of the Ramon Allones Club Allones 2015 limited edition ?
Best wishes
FatPete

Welcome to the forum, Pete.  There are many reasons you may not have gotten the best out of those sticks that disappointed you.  Hang around a while and read and learn.  I think you will find it to be time well spent.  Glad you've joined us.

• Like 1

Thanks Stogieluver for your comment. I have decided to stick with it and learn. I've even found a cigar to beat my beloved Lanceros, the H Upmann Royal robusto. I also tried a RASCC (even getting into the abbreviations eh) and enjoyed it but never again for the club Allones. Maybe  it was a dud stick as you suggest. 

Cheery bye