'Happy Days' Star Erin Moran Dies at 56

The most recent photos of Erin Moran reveal the actor’ struggles

• Video

external?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent6.video
player

ERIN Moran, best known for her role as the smart-talking Joanie Cunningham on Happy Days was found dead today and resurfaced photos have revealed how much the actor was struggling before her death.

After she shot to stardom as a teenager for her role in the hit 1970s sitcom, Moran fought to score acting roles that were as successful as Happy Days.

After her short-lived spin-off Joanie Loves Chachi was cancelled after two seasons, Moran had a number of brief roles over the years including roles on The Love Boat, Bold and the Beautiful and Murder, She Wrote.

But, in 2012, the actor was reportedly kicked out of her trailer park home in Indiana, along with her husband Steve Fleischmann because of her “hard-partying ways”.

Erin Moran with her husband Steve Fleischmann. Picture: Splash News Australia

Erin Moran with her husband Steve Fleischmann. Picture: Splash News AustraliaSource:Splash News Australia

Since becoming “homeless”, Moran reportedly bounced from motel to motel as she battled substance abuse and addiction.

Erin Moran struggled with substance abuse for years. Picture: Splash News Australia

Erin Moran struggled with substance abuse for years. Picture: Splash News AustraliaSource:Splash News Australia

It’s believed she was most recently staying in a Holiday Inn Express in Corydon, Indiana.

Moran outside a motel she was staying in 2012. Picture: Splash News Australia

Moran outside a motel she was staying in 2012. Picture: Splash News AustraliaSource:Splash News Australia

The most recent photos of Erin Moran reveal the actor’ struggles

• Video

external?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent6.video
player

ERIN Moran, best known for her role as the smart-talking Joanie Cunningham on Happy Days was found dead today and resurfaced photos have revealed how much the actor was struggling before her death.

After she shot to stardom as a teenager for her role in the hit 1970s sitcom, Moran fought to score acting roles that were as successful as Happy Days.

After her short-lived spin-off Joanie Loves Chachi was cancelled after two seasons, Moran had a number of brief roles over the years including roles on The Love Boat, Bold and the Beautiful and Murder, She Wrote.

But, in 2012, the actor was reportedly kicked out of her trailer park home in Indiana, along with her husband Steve Fleischmann because of her “hard-partying ways”.

Erin Moran with her husband Steve Fleischmann. Picture: Splash News Australia

Erin Moran with her husband Steve Fleischmann. Picture: Splash News AustraliaSource:Splash News Australia

Since becoming “homeless”, Moran reportedly bounced from motel to motel as she battled substance abuse and addiction.

Erin Moran struggled with substance abuse for years. Picture: Splash News Australia

Erin Moran struggled with substance abuse for years. Picture: Splash News AustraliaSource:Splash News Australia

It’s believed she was most recently staying in a Holiday Inn Express in Corydon, Indiana.

Moran outside a motel she was staying in 2012. Picture: Splash News Australia

Moran outside a motel she was staying in 2012. Picture: Splash News AustraliaSource:Splash News Australia

According to TMZ,Moran’s body was found unresponsive Saturday afternoon by authorities in the US state of Indiana. She was 56.

The actor was born in California in 1960 and had her feature film debut in 1968’s How Sweet It Is which starred Debbie Reynolds.

Erin Moran (centre) with her Happy Days co-stars.

Erin Moran (centre) with her Happy Days co-stars.Source:Supplied

Since the news of her death spread, many celebrities have taken to Twitter to pay tribute to the actor.

A number of Moran’s Happy Days co-stars have expressed their heartbreak over her death including Henry Winkler, who played the Fonz and Ron Howard, who played her brother Richie.

Don Most, who played Ralph Malph on the show, released a statement.

“I am so incredibly sad to hear about Erin. She was a wonderful, sweet, caring, talented woman. As I write this I can’t really comprehend this right now. A very painful loss. It gives me some comfort to know that she’s with Tom, Al, Pat and Garry. Rest In Peace, sweet Erin.”

Anson Williams, who played Potsie, also released a statement.

“Erin was a person who made everyone around her feel better. She truly cared about others first, a true angel. I will miss her so much, but know that she is in God’s hands. RIP sweet angel.”

I was a little lost .....when the topic started with Happy Days I thought you were suggesting it was a good thing. I was never allowed to watch Hay Days

Sad news ....