My Baby has arrived!

Chefalan86

Fantastic.  

BTW, I have observed significant variances between the top and bottom shelves in my Aristocrat MXT -- and yours is the even-taller plus model.  In particular, note the 6 degree humidity variance!  I've settled on this particular range for the moment, as 59% is about as low as I want to go.  The variance seems to improve when there's better airflow (which makes sense, but is a PITA as I'd like to avoid coolidors / or pressing wineadors back into service).  I'm sure you've already considered this, but I noticed you were stacking boxes on the bottom.  Makes sense to keep your longer-term aging targets down there, I imagine?

IMG_0522.thumb.PNG.74f2875f47becdfe48ecaf10a51e7b44.PNG

I am ok with those variables. This unit is somewhat all long term storage. It is in a vacation home so my supply will age nicely. Thanks for your input, I haven't yet studied the unit. Just plug and play. All is good.
Keep em lit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, planetary said:

Fantastic.  

BTW, I have observed significant variances between the top and bottom shelves in my Aristocrat MXT -- and yours is the even-taller plus model.  In particular, note the 6 degree humidity variance!  I've settled on this particular range for the moment, as 59% is about as low as I want to go.  The variance seems to improve when there's better airflow (which makes sense, but is a PITA as I'd like to avoid coolidors / or pressing wineadors back into service).  I'm sure you've already considered this, but I noticed you were stacking boxes on the bottom.  Makes sense to keep your longer-term aging targets down there, I imagine?

IMG_0522.thumb.PNG.74f2875f47becdfe48ecaf10a51e7b44.PNG

If I may ask, to what is that app connected?  

Fantastic.  

BTW, I have observed significant variances between the top and bottom shelves in my Aristocrat MXT -- and yours is the even-taller plus model.  In particular, note the 6 degree humidity variance!  I've settled on this particular range for the moment, as 59% is about as low as I want to go. 

For science, try placing the SensorPush logo down (so logo facing the shelf). I am curious if you see reduced variance. I have noticed this changed my reading significantly, and haven't come to terms with why. The sensing element is on the back and this facing "up" seems to bring the measurements pretty close in my much smaller wineador.

4 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

For science, try placing the SensorPush logo down (so logo facing the shelf). I am curious if you see reduced variance. I have noticed this changed my reading significantly, and haven't come to terms with why. The sensing element is on the back and this facing "up" seems to bring the measurements pretty close in my much smaller wineador.

Done.  I shall report back.

BTW, I have found that variance of readings for a specific device (the jumpy spikes, which often create a 3% variance themselves) is helped when you keep the humidifiers >50% full of water.   This makes sense, since the fans are pushing more water vapor into the air more effectively.

On 4/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, planetary said:

SensorPush.  Been using the sensors and app for a couple months.  So far, so good.

Thank you for the info, I'll check it out. I've had my Aristocrat for over 15 years of flawless operation....the single issue I had was with the original 'set-it-and-forget-it' controller. I chose to buy the new control unit versus having the original re-calibrated.

Bob does make a nice humidor...you'll enjoy it for many years to come. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2017 at 5:09 PM, luvdunhill said:

Checking back in.  Yes, I do see lower variance.  The 6.6% degree variance between top and bottom has decreased to 3.5%.  Interesting.  

(Regarding temp: it's not ideal, but this is on me.  With the recent warm weather, ambient temp has increased and I need to dial the target lower.)

IMG_0600.thumb.PNG.8ef3543356b23aa4d3f933bcd4f0afaa.PNG

• Like 1

Suggestions for you guys. When reading instruments, you want to read the water in the space and the temperature in the space, not the water or the temperature of the wood.

Lift your sensor off of hygroscopic material with a pill bottle, or condiment cup or some form of plastic. You can also hang it if it has a hook or loop.

All controlled space is prone to this type of stratification. Tiny fans, running once an hour won't cut it. Creating a flow of air/water that defies convection is a solution! The larger the humidor, the bigger the problem, the more air you have to push around.

Cheers! -Piggy