the best recipe for prime rib in the world.

Ken Gargett

came across this. can't even recall cooking prime rib so no idea how it ranks but i thought we might have members who would find it interesting.

The Best Prime Rib Recipe in the World

Apr 21 2017, 4:00am
1491256043051-rang-prime-rib.jpeg?crop=1xw:0.7384806238185255xh;center,center&resize=1440:*

Photo by Farideh Sadeghin

The key to achieving prime rib perfection? Making sure the meat is at room temperature before you cook it and letting it rest for long enough before carving.

Servings: 8-10
Prep: 1 hour
Total: 3-4 hours

Ingredients

kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
7 bone whole prime rib (about 12 pounds|6 kg)

Directions

1. Rub the prime rib generously with salt and pepper and leave it at room temperature for at least 1 hour.

2. Heat the oven to 450°F. 

3. Place the prime rib on a rack in a large roasting pan and roast for 10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 300°F and roast the prime rib until medium-rare, about 13 to 15 minutes per pound, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reaches 110°F. Remove the prime rib from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Let it rest at least 45 minutes to an hour before carving.

• Like 1

I've become a fan of the low and slow, rest, then blast it recipe. Kind of opposite of what you've posted above. Salt and pepper, let it sit until it's at room temperature, roast at 200 degrees Farenheight until your internal thermometer reads 120 degrees. Rest.  Just before serving roast the beef at 450 degrees for ten minutes or until the crust is sufficiently browned. Serve right away. 

• Like 1

Love prime rib. Not sure how exactly my wife does it but I know she uses Joe's steak spice and it great. That with some Yorkshire, mushrooms and a nice bottle of red wine followed by a great cigar with cognac makes any occasion special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Rub the prime rib generously with salt and pepper and leave it at room temperature for a couple of hours.

2. Heat the oven to 450°F. 

3. Place the prime rib on a rack in a large roasting pan with a tinfoil tent over it and roast for 10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 225°F and roast the prime rib until medium-rare,

around 4 hours.

4. use a thermometer to test center temp, to desired degree of done.

5. let it rest 20 min or more after cooking before cutting.

I like to cut and then briefly sear both sides in a hot pan....................:drool:

• 3 weeks later...

Mix together: Olive oil, lots of fresh parsley, minced garlic, sea salt and pepper. Rub it all over the meat and cook @ 375* until it's done to your taste. We absolutely love this.

• Like 1