Dubai lately?

Was there about a year ago and stock was pretty good, somehow they are able to keep decent stock of Cohiba and all major brands.  Some oddball regionals and LCDH as well as a few LEs.  Much can change in a year, but for some reason Dubai always has better stock that (almost) any other Duty Free.  Make sure you insist on opening and viewing cigars before purchase - they are usually good about allowing this.

• Like 1

Was there 4 weeks ago, had some of the newer stuff when i was there. Topez, Dantes and Hoyo LCDH (elegantes i think they're called). Other than that standard production stuff. Medio siglos if you're chasing them. Nothing aged or anything. Ohh they also have those big ass jars. Empty jars, but nice looking jars none the less.

Go to Terminal B, the higher gate numbers side. Walk to both sides if you want, higher gate side is the bigger store, lower gate side is the smaller store with less stuff obviously. Concourse A shops are small, as are the ones in Terminal C.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 3:48 PM, LordAnubis said:

Was there 4 weeks ago, had some of the newer stuff when i was there. Topez, Dantes and Hoyo LCDH (elegantes i think they're called). Other than that standard production stuff. Medio siglos if you're chasing them. Nothing aged or anything. Ohh they also have those big ass jars. Empty jars, but nice looking jars none the less.

Go to Terminal B, the higher gate numbers side. Walk to both sides if you want, higher gate side is the bigger store, lower gate side is the smaller store with less stuff obviously. Concourse A shops are small, as are the ones in Terminal C.

You were spot on as to what they had picked up a few boxes of things stayed in the Emirates side of the terminal. I seen the big jars that Partagas jar is nice. I can't believe how much some stock has gone up in price now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auspaul said:

Page 52 has tobacco prices but there is more stock than what is listed in this publication. https://issuu.com/motivatepublishing/docs/dv_052016_for_web?e=5905880/8892188

I was looking for this before I went over. couldn't find it. I know some people have said you could email them for a price and stock list.

Yes you can email them... they will hold stuff for you if you want, and they scan their entire stock, including the cigar shop in the first class lounge.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, semifan1 said:

I was looking for this before I went over. couldn't find it. I know some people have said you could email them for a price and stock list.

If you get a price list can you pm me I have some family coming over in June and would like to know if there are any small packs or single cigars as Australia only allows 50 grams unfortunately

12 minutes ago, Auspaul said:

If you get a price list can you pm me I have some family coming over in June and would like to know if there are any small packs or single cigars as Australia only allows 50 grams unfortunately

They pretty much always have the Cohiba Tubos 3 packs available for the Robusto and most of the Siglo line which is about all you can get that's under the 50 grams.  It's pretty easy to guide people to as well - just tell your family to walk towards the big yellow wall in the humidor.

1 hour ago, Auspaul said:

No Singles sold in the LCDH at the Airport, just in the city's LCDH have I seen singles sold. 

1 hour ago, MrGlass said:

They pretty much always have the Cohiba Tubos 3 packs available for the Robusto and most of the Siglo line which is about all you can get that's under the 50 grams.  It's pretty easy to guide people to as well - just tell your family to walk towards the big yellow wall in the humidor.

Really can't say yellow all the way as the monty's have a yellow box also and for somebody that doesn't know they could get confused.  have the family members ask for help, tell them specifically what you are looking for.  

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Nothing new when I went through 4 days ago. Will have. A better look when I go through in two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool I appreciate  it. 

Cool I appreciate  it. 

Sorry. I originally had a 12 hour wait in Dubai but then it so happened that our first flight was well ahead of time so I had them move us to the earliest flight which gave us 20 mins to get to the next gate.

So didn’t get to check out the cigar shops this time, sorry. Not going through again for another two months or so I’m afraid.

8 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Sorry. I originally had a 12 hour wait in Dubai but then it so happened that our first flight was well ahead of time so I had them move us to the earliest flight which gave us 20 mins to get to the next gate.

So didn’t get to check out the cigar shops this time, sorry. Not going through again for another two months or so I’m afraid.

No worries thanks for replying. It's less then a 2 hour flight for me. Guess I'll spend some time in Dubai for a weekend. 

• 6 months later...

I go thru Dubai often and will say this you need to be quick and perfect timing if you want something there. New stock  comes in and gone damn near that same day.I'm talking about the specialty boxes of course. Regular stock items are still plentiful   

I was in Dubai for a conference a few weeks back.  On the way in (arrivals) I cruised the closest duty free and was singularly unimpressed with both selection and pricing.  On the way out, I strolled through another shop and was really surprised with what was on offer and the pricing.  I would have thought there'd be some sort of monopoly pricing at the airport.

9 hours ago, PapaDisco said:

I was in Dubai for a conference a few weeks back.  On the way in (arrivals) I cruised the closest duty free and was singularly unimpressed with both selection and pricing.  On the way out, I strolled through another shop and was really surprised with what was on offer and the pricing.  I would have thought there'd be some sort of monopoly pricing at the airport.

Back in 2012-2013 coming into Dubai the prices were never like that. I think I recall they jacked up all the taxes for tobacco in the gulf states. I went to the LCDH on Jeremiah beach a few weeks ago and the singles seemed to be priced high for some of the EL's 

I go to Dubai a lot, but haven't been to the LCDH...it seems like it is not worth a visit so I guess I'll stick to the airport? Any more recommendations on where to smoke inside? LCDH or non-LCDH? I went to a couple, but was unimpressed. I stayed at Duke's hotel on the Palm and they had a little whiskey/cigar lounge, but just ended up smoking my own and going for whiskey

6 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I go to Dubai a lot, but haven't been to the LCDH...it seems like it is not worth a visit so I guess I'll stick to the airport? Any more recommendations on where to smoke inside? LCDH or non-LCDH? I went to a couple, but was unimpressed. I stayed at Duke's hotel on the Palm and they had a little whiskey/cigar lounge, but just ended up smoking my own and going for whiskey

The LCDH on  JBR isn't a bad place, you can pickup singles there and smoke inside or outside no alcohol served there sometimes they have a roller there also. I think the Fairmont has a outside cigar bar to smoke on I see it advertised from time to time. There are a few more places, but the names aren't coming to me now. If you are on IG or Facebook like Dubai LCDH and they have stuff going from time to time on where it's going down.  

• 1 month later...

Holy hell. Ok so just to update this...anyone that flies Emirates and has some time to kill at the DXB terminal...they have not one but TWO duty free stores and they had just about anything you could think of. Massive selection, and found plenty of stock from 2010-2013. Had plenty of RE and ELs. I only bought 4 or 5 boxes because i'm headed to Havana tomorrow, but DAMN. Lots to choose from there

• Like 1