Hello from Tassie!

Hi everyone!

I joined up a couple of months ago but its now time I actually said hello!

Myself and a few others have a small cigar club down here in Hobart. We have regular catch ups to enjoy a cigar or two and a generally a whisky or red wine. No specific reason but just to be sociable. I have read many interesting posts on the forum and found it informative and its great to be among people with the same interest.

Thanks!

Andrew

• Like 1

It's just starting to cool down at nights. The daytime is perfect to smoke a cigar on the weekends. Yes, up here it's not cold enough for the outdoor heater, yet!

@Andrew@Hobart, Trevor Leask, the founder of Cuban Cigar Website, is a moderator of our forum and Alex Groom, who now runs the site, is a valued member. I am but a keen supporter and humble fan, fortunate enough to know both these fine gentlemen and honoured to have spent quality hours with them in the discussion of the website and habanos culture.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:15 AM, Andrew@Hobart said:

Hi everyone!

I joined up a couple of months ago but its now time I actually said hello!

Myself and a few others have a small cigar club down here in Hobart. We have regular catch ups to enjoy a cigar or two and a generally a whisky or red wine. No specific reason but just to be sociable. I have read many interesting posts on the forum and found it informative and its great to be among people with the same interest.

Thanks!

Andrew

Welcome, Andrew.  Glad you've joined us.  Lots of folks here who know a lot about CC's and are willing to part with what they know. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Josh,

I did reply briefly in your welcome thread but good to hear from you.

Locally, there isn't too much of a range which is always a bummer but it depends where you are located. If you are in Hobart, most of the TS locations have at least a basic range which is a place to start if your very new to cigars. I buy from either lower-level Cat & Fiddle Arcade or Moonah if I just want a single or three. These two have the best range that's easily at hand. If you are after larger quantities (i.e. a box) then do check the 24:24 threads that appear on this website every week where you can buy them substantially cheaper.

Check out the buying rules and go from there!

Regards

Andrew