Looky looky what I found in Rome

4 minutes ago, raymond5737 said:

Watcha gonna do man, whatcha gonna do? And, What will it cost man, what will it cost?

Oh, they are mine. All mine. Coming home with me end of next week. 

• Like 2

Good catch!  I snagged a box of the La Escepcion myself when I was there in January.  Tested the first one in March.  My tip: let them rest.  It burned unevenly, and the flavours were a bit harsh.  

What a difference a few days makes. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

What a difference a few days makes. :)

We're you not able to find any when you were there.? I found one box of the Don Joses in Fincato when I was there in September.  Wish they'd had more.  

Right time, right place. Good on ya! Enjoy!

6 hours ago, raymond5737 said:

Watcha gonna do man, whatcha gonna do? And, What will it cost man, what will it cost?

6 hours ago, stogieluver said:

Oh, they are mine. All mine. Coming home with me end of next week. 

I completely understand and empathise with Raymond's question! :lol:

We're you not able to find any when you were there.? I found one box of the Don Joses in Fincato when I was there in September.  Wish they'd had more.  

Nope. He said he was getting a shipment soon. He was right apparently. Lol!

1 hour ago, Hurltim said:

Nope. He said he was getting a shipment soon. He was right apparently. Lol!

Tim, he only had two or three boxes when I got there.  Glad I got there when I did. I'll be glad to get these boxes home to my cabinet. They've been in my luggage since I bought them, & we won't be home until this weekend. We just arrived in Venice this morning. I've been checking the weather websites, & luckily our rH along the way has been in the 60%-70% range, so no damage. But I'm concerned about the 10 hour flight home this weekend. 

Tim, he only had two or three boxes when I got there.  Glad I got there when I did. I'll be glad to get these boxes home to my cabinet. They've been in my luggage since I bought them, & we won't be home until this weekend. We just arrived in Venice this morning. I've been checking the weather websites, & luckily our rH along the way has been in the 60%-70% range, so no damage. But I'm concerned about the 10 hour flight home this weekend. 

They were bare bones when I was there. He said the boxes up top were empty. Lol!
I was bummed I missed them but that lasted about 5 minutes when I realized I was in ROME!!!
They are only cigars :)

I am truly glad you nabbed them. You seem like a great guy and I love the story of you and your lovely wife. :)

Cheers and drink some great wine for me!

8 hours ago, stogieluver said:

Ziploc bags are your friend.  If they can't be found, a few yards of cling film (Saran wrap) may do.  

Or, if you have baggage space to spare, invest in a tupperware box.

I have used all of the above to transport cigars by the box to Australia, and never had any problems.