Gifts -

M82

I’m relatively new at this, so take my limited opinion with a grain of salt. I think the guys in the know could use a few more photos, perhaps not so close together, and clearly showing the triple cap (or lack thereof) on the heads. Not familiar with the 2 twins, but to my knowledge nothing Cuban comes in cellophane (anymore). The Cohiba and the Monte seem pretty rough, but the bands appear legit to my eye.

My 2 cents.

Have a read of the following TripAdvisor link on fake cigars at Playa del Carmen.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k6877896-Fake_Cigars_Playa_Del_Carmen-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

In regards to the Montecristo and Cohiba Maduro, initially I thought that they were a little too large in ring gauge to be a Montecristo 5 perla and a Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos. However, if they are both 52/64ths of an inch in ring gauge, than the Montecristo could be a Petit Edmundo at 110 mm in length and the Cohiba could be a Maduro 5 Magicos at 115 mm in length.

Anyway, from the visuals, if fake then they've been replicated very well. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies.  I am just curious more than anything so as I can learn. 

Here is a few more pictures. 

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5839.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5841.JPG

IMG_5842.JPG

2 hours ago, scap99 said:

The Lauro's are rolled in Playa del Carmen.

So they are actually Mexican cigars ? I wasn't as worried about them, as I kind of thought they were a local thing. Do you know anything else about them ? 

I have a whole BOX of Esplenditos I am sure are a home cooked box. I could put them up and you guys would have a field day on them for sure !! 

Thanks again 

8 minutes ago, M82 said:

So they are actually Mexican cigars ? I wasn't as worried about them, as I kind of thought they were a local thing. Do you know anything else about them ? 

I have a whole BOX of Esplenditos I am sure are a home cooked box. I could put them up and you guys would have a field day on them for sure !! 

Thanks again 

I don't know anything about them, sorry.  Just saw the name on the band and googled it.

• 5 months later...