4 days in New Orleans ...

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

All loaded up and ready for a break. If I'm lucky, this won't be enough stock.

- Padron 50th Anniversary Ltd Ed Natural

- LUB OCT 14 Lusi

- MOB SEP 14 Hoyo DC

- MEL AGO 15 Esplendido

- MUO MAY 15 BHK52

- LUB MAY 14 HUP2 

20170517_223518.thumb.jpg.02ba43e18a10704d9342952fd42afbab.jpg

This is my first trip using the Adorini Cedro travel humidor. I'll post some observations next week. 

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/review-adorini-travel-humidor-cedro-19055

- LUB OCT 14 Lusi

- MOB SEP 14 Hoyo DC

- MEL AGO 15 Esplendido

- MUO MAY 15 BHK52

- LUB MAY 14 HUP2 

This is my first trip using the Adorini Cedro travel humidor. I'll post some observations next week. 

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/review-adorini-travel-humidor-cedro-19055

I was just in NOLA for the first time last month. Awesome place, nice people, great food, and extremely cigar friendly. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

- LUB OCT 14 Lusi

- MOB SEP 14 Hoyo DC

- MEL AGO 15 Esplendido

- MUO MAY 15 BHK52

- LUB MAY 14 HUP2 

NOLA a great cigar town. Plenty of places to smoke. And a couple of places that roll their own. I've got a few sticks that I bought for the novelty more than anything, but they've got a few years on them now. Might give one a go.

Also, I've got a LUB JUN 14 HU2 box that has finally turned the corner (w/in the last month or so) how have yours been smoking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I always had a dream of an FOH LCDH in NO. 

Hamlet running the show. Armondo in toe. 

....one day. 

....maybe 

Please do this, EL Presidente. You will have a great time & attendance. 

There is one cigar bar in particular, located in the French Quarter, that has a pretty decent sized private room in the back that will accommodate quite a few people. 

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

....one day. 

....maybe 

And Mike and Dana sitting at the bar drinking a Mojito.??

• Like 2

Nice lineup to smoke. Enjoy your trip and be safe!

Guest Nekhyludov
10 hours ago, Dmpotocek said:

Also, I've got a LUB JUN 14 HU2 box that has finally turned the corner (w/in the last month or so) how have yours been smoking?

To be honest, I've been a little disappointed so far. I only picked the box up a couple of months ago, so it's just coming up on 60 days of acclimation in my humi. But the couple I've had so far are just bland and flat. I'm glad to hear yours have turned the corner; that gives me hope that mine aren't going through some prolonged "sick period."

Guest Nekhyludov
9 hours ago, El Presidente said:

....one day. 

....maybe 

If this were ever to happen, I swear I would camp out on the doorstep until you gave me a job there :D

Nekhyludov, don't forget to let us know how that Adorini travels I am interested, I like the looks of it... oh, and enjoy those cigars and your trip!

I like this thread, I have a small farm just North of Baton Rouge and I have never planned a trip down to NOLA (always busy working when I'm there or resting!). You guys give me some good reasons to make it happen.

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

Celebrating an anniversary by starting the day with the breakfast of champions: CCs iced coffee and a Padron at Mayan Import on Magazine St. Always my first cigar stop in NOLA. I love sitting on the patio, watching the city meander by. 

20170519_103442.thumb.jpg.ff5dcab417c9f182aa22ae3e47382c71.jpg

In other news, the city is removing the last and largest of four Confederate monuments this morning - a statue of Robert E. Lee that sits atop a 45-foot obelisk in Lee Circle. It'll be strange to drive down St. Charles and not see that statue facing out over the CBD. 

20170519_092439.thumb.jpg.bb733198b20ebc5b741dc7c5a2c3a4c7.jpg

Heard that on the news today... took three of them down at night or something and removing this one today.

It's pretty cool you got to see a historical monument one last time before it was removed, stuffed in a warehouse somewhere until it is put it in a museum.

I wonder if they will change the name to Sans-Lee Circle...

Love that city, and I'm a country person at heart. Cannot recommend Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop (a bar) highly enough. Have sat outside watching the sunrise a time or 2 from there.

Love NOLA. We moved to Pensacola area so we could be close enough to NO but still be ble to function lol. So much life in that city.  Hsve a good ome brotha.  

If you're into an evening of fine dining, check out Restaurant August or Shula's Steakhouse at the Marriott. Either blow away Emiril's.

And a round of golf at TPC Louisiana won't cost you an arm or a leg!

Enjoy!

Guest Nekhyludov

Started the day with a breakfast Behike and iced mocha at my favorite neighborhood dive coffee shop, Z'ots on Oak Street. It's just the right combination of dingy and weird that you only find in NOLA. Fantastic coffee too. 

20170520_105154.thumb.jpg.ca1bee37380412acae8947948349d794.jpg

Guest Nekhyludov

Hoyo DC and the Joe Krown Trio at Dos Jefes on Tchopitoulas. Nice hang, but the Hoyo had persistent burn issues, so I gave it up early. Not a good track record from this box so far. 

20170521_013649.thumb.jpg.ca7cee55a9fb6f1e36348ec49002a474.jpg

20170521_013617.thumb.jpg.ee7bf9da19ecb08df3d1edcc32c85133.jpg

Guest Nekhyludov

With apologies to @JamesKPolkEsq, in the endless battle for Best Po-boy in New Orleans, I stump for Adams Street Grocery in the Riverbend. It's a perfect little neighborhood hole-in-the-wall. 

Near as I can tell, if God made anything better than this, He must have kept it for Himself. 

20170521_224156.thumb.jpg.514d856d938ca77125f45f0a54726a8b.jpg

Guest Nekhyludov

Spent a lazy Sunday afternoon lounging on the bank of the Mississippi River with an Esplendido and the Saturday crossword. Just watching the barges trudge upriver and listening to the waves lap against the shore. 

The river is higher than I've seen it in a couple of years because of the flooding rains in the Midwest. I imagine they'll open the spillway later this month. 

20170521_224302.thumb.jpg.77ff6b67c0408c4743787d33287acb00.jpg

And this Eslpi had the oddest rollers dimple I've ever seen. More of a divot than a dimple. But still reliably my favorite of the marca. 

20170521_224231.thumb.jpg.30ae3b12fee74b931a83057b52a0f492.jpg

6 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

With apologies to @JamesKPolkEsq, in the endless battle for Best Po-boy in New Orleans, I stump for Adams Street Grocery in the Riverbend. It's a perfect little neighborhood hole-in-the-wall. 

Near as I can tell, if God made anything better than this, He must have kept it for Himself. 

20170521_224156.thumb.jpg.514d856d938ca77125f45f0a54726a8b.jpg

One of my favorite shops! 

Where is the Abita?

• Like 1