4 days in New Orleans ...

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

@Spanishcedar As promised, a few thoughts on the Adorini Cedro travel humidor:

- I bought this humi because I've had good experiences with Adorini (I also have a Bari cabinet, which has been great) and I liked the look of it. It's nice to have a travel humi that looks nice enough that I don't feel compelled to hide it in my luggage during the trip. In person, it looks just as good. And the build quality is nice, as expected. 

- The natural finish is great; I didn't worry once about minor scratches from routine handling. 

- It's just about the size of a large book, and so fits perfectly in my travel bag (fine, it's a man-purse. Don't judge me.)

- I love that the foam inserts hold a variety of different size cigars snugly in place. Having them rattling around in boxes is one of my pet peeves, even when I'm just rotating boxes at home. 

- The only downsides are that long/skinnies have nowhere to go. Also, longer robustos don't fit in the short orientation. I wanted to bring an OpusX Robusto (5 x 5 1/4), but couldn't since all the long slots were occupied. Shorter robustos are fine (RASS here for reference).

20170524_181414.thumb.jpg.3fec4d0c5d47913b1c64bab4aed5f182.jpg

- Also, the way the inserts were arranged out of the box, the long insert was in the "lid," so while the 49RG DCs stayed snug, the 47RG Churchills fell out when I opened it. This was easily fixed by switching the inserts. Now the long orientation is in the "base" and the short insert is in the lid; short smokes never fall out because they're perpendicular to the hinge. 

20170524_181451.thumb.jpg.325a23e89098dd335a8bebefd68234ca.jpg

Overall, I'm really happy with it and am looking forward to many more uses. The only persistent limitation is no lanceros and no short cigars over 5".

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 9:31 PM, El Presidente said:

I always had a dream of an FOH LCDH in NO. 

Hamlet running the show. Armondo in toe. 

....one day. 

....maybe 

I have a great building for you!  Wanna bring Hamlet to check it out??????

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, busdriver said:

I have a great building for you!  Wanna bring Hamlet to check it out??????

We need to make this happen, Bus.  I'm only two hours away from the Quarter.  My wife and I go over frequently to spend the weekend there.  I really hope this comes to happen.  Come on, @El Presidente, we would love to have you visit our Gulf South.  The best food and atmosphere you will find anywhere.  One piece of advice: don't do it in July, August, or September.  It is oppressively hot/humid.  The best time would be in March-May.  October/November would be good weather wise, but football season is in full bloom, and rooms are hard to come by and expensive on the weekends, unless the Saints are playing out of town.

• Like 2

@Nekhyludov Thanks for the review, you definitely hit on some really great points that I was wondering about. I've seen many travel cases are really tough and offer great protection but are incredibly bulky for the amount of cigars you can actually get in there.

4 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

- ... the build quality is nice, as expected. 

- It's just about the size of a large book, and so fits perfectly in my travel bag

- I love that the foam inserts hold a variety of different size cigars snugly in.... rattling around in boxes is one of my pet peeves, even when I'm just rotating boxes at home. 

- Also, the way the inserts were arranged out of the box, the long insert was in the "lid," so while the 49RG DCs stayed snug, the 47RG Churchills fell out when I opened it. This was easily fixed by switching the inserts. Now the long orientation is in the "base" and the short insert is in the lid; short smokes never fall out because they're perpendicular to the hinge. 

Nice fix and thanks for taking the time to get specific with ring gauges and lengths too.

Oh... and nice "action shot" there!

4 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

20170524_181451.thumb.jpg.325a23e89098dd335a8bebefd68234ca.jpg

Now go and enjoy that OpusX that you had to forgo on your trip!

Guest Nekhyludov
2 hours ago, saintsmokealot said:

@Nekhyludov I was there at the same time but it was for my nieces graduation. I got a lot of smoking in but my whole trip was booked. Hopefully next time we can link up. Judging by your post you look something like a local!

Absolutely, would love to! I lived in NOLA for 12 years, and my wife and I usually make it down there at least once a year to visit friends and unwind.