Learned about "Infinity bottles" tonight for bourbon or others

And I quote,

"Some people, like Mitchell, are methodical about how they build their bottles, tweaking and testing before adding each new pour. Others choose to live dangerously, tossing the final ounces of any and every bottle into their mix, just to see what happens."

From this article:

http://punchdrink.com/articles/how-infinity-bottle-blend-became-whiskey-nerd-obsession/

Fascinating? Yuck? Challenging?

Interesting!

Up to you.

CB

Nice article, certainly interesting.

I've never done so as I usually drink every drop from the bottle but who can tell if something you mix can turn out to be brilliant?

If you were to do so, I'd take note each time you mix certain portions of certain alcohols just in case the mix you make ends up being great!

Image result for potion experiment meme

And here is that video as per article by YouTuber Ralfy Mitchell.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tried it a few times, its fun, but a little frustrating when you pour a bunch of nice expensive whiskeys together and get something that is less than the sum of its parts. Really makes you appreciate how hard it is to blend whisky well. The results I most consistently enjoyed were within narrow parameters: Islay Scotch only, High Rye content blend, etc.

• Like 1

mate of mine has been tending a small barrel of port for about fifty years. only very good stuff goes in, mix of great vintage and tawnies, aussie and portuguese. sometimes he'll ad a full bottle if he thinks it good enough and it will improve the overall mix. pretty fabulous result.