PLPC LEP OCT 16: Ode to the 40 and 42 gauge review week.

HQ box from our host.  Been smoking it here and there since I've acquired it. I get some that are plugged and some with stellar draw.

IMG_0429.thumb.JPG.9f85922995f3eaa490444fe6ad8deae2.JPG

Cold draw: barnyard.  This one has a great draw.

First third: burnt sugar and wood. Can foresee the caramel that everyone talks about, once these are aged.

IMG_0432.thumb.JPG.57e3ec668d7237146108d5f85fcd1df0.JPG

Second third: Still very sugary. The construction on this one is stellar.  Can taste the youngness creeping in and out.

IMG_0434.thumb.JPG.e62b1de20d51cc40b9e24b3b46caf9ad.JPG

Last third: A bit of tar build up but an additional clip and purge straightened it out.  Same as the second third in taste except the mongrel is here to stay

IMG_0435.thumb.JPG.a3588f6e341d536e2479df4696be10df.JPG

I hope the rest of this box smokes just as good if not better as they age.  I have to excersise restraint so that I don't smoke them all before they reach their peak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMonk said:

Another pretty fresh but very positive PLPC review. Well done!

Yes, it's hard to stop yourself going well through a cab before the 5 to 8 year mark if they satisfy early, I say! :yes:

I had a box from 2007. I tried them and almost everyone was plugged and was very difficult to smoke.  Wish I would of known about FOH back then. I will have to try these again and give them another chance given the great reviews and the quick sell outs on 24:24

Just received a LEP nov 16 box from our host. Had a blue sticker, think that's PE. They look pretty good. Dark wrapper, not too oily like the PSP Hq ones that were up early this week. But a good looking box nonetheless.
Had one a few weeks ago. Very similar flavours as you picked up. Draw and burn were fine, and I picked up the ugliest one I could see. Can see the long term potential.
Nice review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk