Bolivar Petit Corona ULA FEB 14: Ode to the 40 and 42 gauge review week

Seeing all these reviews on the sight got me hankering for a good petite corona this week. I've had a RASCC and Siglo ii this week and while they were good neither seemed review worthy. Im throwing my name in the hat with a Bolivar Petite Corona. This cigar was a lovely way to spend an hour!

c76fc1a2e47f35c06de2d8c6c87da46f.jpg

It started off milk chocolate with some earthy undertones, creamy smoke and a perfect draw. I paired it with an A&W root beer and I thought the sweetness was just perfect with this cigar.

ab63af88a9d4f8f820bcbad0a25cdf51.jpg

The ash held on pretty well having 3 years of rest but it was a little flaky. More of the chocolate flavors in the 2nd part with some leather notes sneaking through. No problems with the burn.

695979e730fb468a6955abe2aab58653.jpg

Getting to the end of the cigar and floral notes began to dominate along with that characteristic Cuban flavor. This was a very pleasant cigar with some evolution throughout. I don't know about a number but I wouldn't hesitate to smoke more from this box (I haven't, I have only a handful left time to buy another box soon!)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm not a fan of Bolivar, but when you describe chocolate and floral notes, it's truly delightful as this is what I've enjoyed from some recent Bolivar Tubos No.1 I've had. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Agree with @JohnS - recent BPC have been a bit disappointing, but the Tubos No. 1 are closer to what I appreciate from the brand. Thanks for the review.

• Like 3