Romeo y Julieta Petite Corona RAE MAY 14: Ode to the 40/42 ring gauge review

Breaking the rules to review this one here, but what can a fellow do?  Haven't seen a lot on this marca/vitola, and despite it being on site only two weeks (and admittedly still too wet) I figured on diving in. Petite coronas being my current favorite I could't keep my hands off 'em.  

Great looking stick, though it appears a bit more rustic in the photo than it does in the hand.  Definite snappy tobacco and a bit of spice at cold.  First puffs really showcased what was to come with a definite sour cherry note that was predominant throughout.   Some cedar.  Scant leather and sweetness made appearances. These boxes really need to dry out to be fully appreciated IMO, but they'll get that chance they have not yet been given in my humidor this summer.  Really glad to have found a few boxes lately and I can heartily recommend them. 

Burn was a bit wonky, attributed to over humidification upon arrival. Time will tell.  Good smoke production, but not copious. A solid 45min for me. Went out once.  Relit and continued, no problem.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d2fcb6aef3c64051307f4b3b0678c75.jpeg

image.jpeg.c949fbb367d0ec391d2ffedba3ec9ba3.jpeg

• Like 3

You broke your rule in (not) letting it rest? I'll forgive you this once! Thanks for the review and you have my permission to see if that sour cherry note comes to the fore in say 3 to 6 months time! :lol:

Sadly no, as the Romeo y Julieta marca has caught me out in the last few years on account of the 'toasted tobacco blandness' I have experienced, across a few vitolas. I guess I just have to keep trying them. Some I have been okay with, but personally, I have a number of other marcas in my humidor which I have needed to explore first.

• Like 1