Not a Punch Super Selection No. 1: Age and Box Code Unknown: Ode to the 40 and 42 gauge review week.

I watched the latest review of the Punch Royal Salute 11 and remembered that I'd received a Punch Super Selection No. 1 from a cab of 50 at an event at Club Habana during the Havanathon last November and decided now was the time to fire it up. I am hoping someone else might have taken note of the box code and year as I haven't a clue nor do I recall the name of the man who shared them. I blame it on the mojitos...

The cigar is fantastic! Complex and medium to full body that started at the first puff and continued down to the nub. The flavors ranged from caramel and honey to a strange fruity essence that I cannot quite put my finger on. Melon perhaps? This was perhaps the best vintage cigar I have experienced. Good thing I have now idea how old or box code or I'd be mortgaging my house to find more. Superb!

On the left in this picture is the box and the most generous benefactor who provided them. Thanks!

DSC02443.thumb.JPG.03a592899862306af0f0e161444f73fc.JPG

• Like 3

A fine cigar, one of my favorites, and discontinued since ~2009 so you'll be challenged to find them on the secondary market. I saw a cab from 2001 sold about 4 months ago for $1100, and I think FOH had a 2006 cab that sold recently for about $760.

• Like 1

Yes, it was the SS#2. Gino to the right, Larry center. '02 I believe, couldn't be younger than that..

• Like 2

I was trying to read the box in the picture. Now it does look like a '2'. Ha! That must not be what I smoked this morning! Definitely skinnier than 46 ring gauge Super Selection No2! Now I have to rename my review.  Either it was the des Dieux or who knows what. All I know is it was damn tasty!

38 minutes ago, Drguano said:

I was trying to read the box in the picture. Now it does look like a '2'. Ha! That must not be what I smoked this morning! Definitely skinnier than 46 ring gauge Super Selection No2! Now I have to rename my review.  Either it was the des Dieux or who knows what. All I know is it was damn tasty!

... an honest man! What is a few RG between friends??? -LOL

-Piggy