Roger Moore

Bugger. 

The king of the suggestive eyebrow raise has passed, gutted. Added a wonderful body of entertainment to all of our lives, and also sounds as if he was a lovely bloke off the silver screen. Rest In Peace Sir Roger, you big bloody legend.  I hope theres no snakes in the coffin!

RIP Roger Moore and Godspeed. Some wonderful TV and some wonderful movies. And if I ever do get that Volvo P1800 it will be your fault. Thanks.

• Like 1

While I was definitely NOT a fan of most of his roles (The Saint OR James Bond) still, whenever I would see Moore himself interviewed and so on, he sure appeared to be the most delightful, humorous, charming and FUNNY individual they'd had on some of those talk shows. So that turned around, somewhat, my view of him - liking him as a person, and NOT for those Bond roles, etc. As I'd said in my previous posts, I'm just not a Bond fan, although I am finding it easier to deal with some of those movies now, due to the times we live in. Rest In Peace, Roger Moore. You will be greatly missed by an adoring public. :flower:

• Like 2

Very sad news indeed.

Anyone passing away is always sad however, every now and again, you hear someone passes and it's a massive shock. This mornings news was this very shock for me while driving into work. 

He may not have been the best Bond [For me] but he still was Bond and he has my respect and gratitude. 

I must say I think he was the suavest of all the Bonds though which is why he is in my top 3 of James Bonds.

Additionally, he was a humanitarian and earned the title "Sir" tenfold. 

RIP Sir James Bond. :flower:

I think it's befitting to post the below video documentary of Sir Roger Moore. A real gentleman and a life well lived.

• Like 1

R.i.P Rodger

from the saint to the persuaders with the late tony Curtis to your opus which is Bond James Bond ? You have touch the lives of many with your entertainment career and not to mention your immense charity work 

thank you and gods speed Rodger ?

14 hours ago, wabashcr said:

I'm sure many saw this, as it's been making the rounds on social media since the announcement of his passing.  It truly warms my heart.  What a good and decent man.

Roger Moore.jpg

i was just about to post this. great story.

how very sad it is.

i always thought him one of the weakest bonds but i always loved the bloke as an actor. great fun. you just have the impression he really loved life and had a great time. the saint, persuaders, bond, even alias. all great fun.

a mate of mine, think i have told this before, was a journo in london when 'a view to a kill' came out. last moment, he was sent to cover the release lunch but had not seen the movie. was sat next to grace jones. asked who she was and what she did. she blew a gasket and had the organisers move him. was sent to the very back table. on it, both moore and patrick macnee, who were great mates. they were in fits when he got there and told them why he was banished, as apparently making fun of grace jones had been the sport of the shoot. they were on the back table as they both smoked. my mate did as well at the time. he became good mates with moore and they often caught up in london after that. my mate does not have a lot of good to say about many people but he always spoke extremely highly of moore. great fun and an absolute gent.

he will be missed.

• Like 1