Traveling with Cigars to Scotland...High humidity question

I'm traveling to Scotland for Feis Ile on Islay. I'll be traveling with ~40 cigars. Checking the weather, it's 50-65 with humidity at 80+%. What would you advise to keep the cigars at 60-62 RH? After more than a few tipples, the last thing I want to do is puff on acrid, plugged, over-humidified cigars. Any tips appreciated.

Storage will be easy, but won't matter much.  Take it from someone who lives with 80-90% rH almost year round.  Once you light up that stick outside in that kind of rH, your stick is going to take on more and more water, and will taste and burn like crap.  Best advice I could give is to take only smaller, shorter sticks.  Fat, long sticks will be horrible by the time you get about half way done. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PamunkeyHub said:

My first thought would be an air-tight travel humidor with a 58 or 62 Boveda pack.

This.  I use the small 62% Boveda's with my small travel humidor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stogieluver said:

Storage will be easy, but won't matter much.  Take it from someone who lives with 80-90% rH almost year round.  Once you light up that stick outside in that kind of rH, your stick is going to take on more and more water, and will taste and burn like crap.  Best advice I could give is to take only smaller, shorter sticks.  Fat, long sticks will be horrible by the time you get about half way done. 

I went to Feis Ile in 2015 with several cigars in my travel humidor (stored with 69% Bovedas)......and This was my exact experience.  The wet air (and it's never not wet air on Islay!) was rarely kind to any cigars of size - luckily for me I'm a Corona/Lonsdale sort of guy, so I limited myself to PC's and Coronas and it was okay. If you're smoking Mag56's or BHKs...well, better be ready for disappointment!

That said - You're going to Feis Ile, and I'd give anything to get back for another one.  Enjoy it, mate!  Got any room in your suitcase for an extra Bruichladdich Feis Bottle for me, if it's a PC or Octomore? LOL ;) 

• Like 1

I have never had a problem smoking any size of cigar in Scotland, and I've smoked there for 25 years.

In my humidor I never used any humidifcation and it held strong at 60. No problems whatsoever, perhaps I was just lucky.