in case you plan on swimming in northern australia

Wow, he's a fatty

Here is one a mates old man pulled out of a river in regional NT
It did the rounds in the news papers and online a few years ago and still pops up every once in a while  

59276ac3069a0_BigCroc.jpg.92e363616ff6eb45ef2741cdfa8a4aeb.jpg

Its fun living up north

• Like 2

i have a photo in an old fishing book - one of my fave books, 'fangs of the sea', about a shark hunter on the barrier reef 100 years ago, which would have been a life! - of a croc that was shot north of townsville, from memory. the author was staying at a friend's farm and the croc had been taking livestock. the wife shot the poor thing. there is a photo of her sitting on the head of the dead croc, to give it some perspective (unless she was only three foot tall).

the book says it measured 16 feet (it could easily have been from a time before europeans arrived in australia). i have shown that photo to a number of people and asked them how long they think the croc is. no one has said less than 25 feet. i think it at least that size, perhaps 30. biggest i have ever seen. terrifying. makes the one in the vid look like a teenager.

27 minutes ago, gweilgi said:

.... or if you were planning to swim in West Australia ....

G8F121NRL.5-1.jpg?imwidth=800

anyone any idea if that shark is a glyphis? it is a really odd looking shark and i know that they have spotted glyphis in WA, as rare as they might be.

and that croc is a freshie. so if it is a glyphis and a freshie, my mum could swim safely!

WA needs to lift its game if it is to be taken seriously in the terrifying animals stakes.

32 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

anyone any idea if that shark is a glyphis? it is a really odd looking shark and i know that they have spotted glyphis in WA, as rare as they might be.

and that croc is a freshie. so if it is a glyphis and a freshie, my mum could swim safely!

WA needs to lift its game if it is to be taken seriously in the terrifying animals stakes.

The article said it was a Great White, but to be honest, I am not that keen on getting close enough to find out for myself.

The same goes for the croc.  If it doesn't go on my wrist or around my waist, I don't want to know.

1 minute ago, gweilgi said:

The article said it was a Great White, but to be honest, I am not that keen on getting close enough to find out for myself.

The same goes for the croc.  If it doesn't go on my wrist or around my waist, I don't want to know.

that is definitely not a great white, unless i am deluded. also, that looks like a river rather than an ocean shot. outside Jaws, never heard of a great white up a river.

Just now, El Presidente said:

The wh

The whole photo is wrong. 

...they look like pool toys. 

i have no expertise in photoshopping but my first impression was that this is not right. but i have been wrong before and may be again.

pool tools is perfect!