A long Wide RyJ Churchill ?

FatPete

Hi all, looking for your learned opinions on this cigar. 
It was bought in Cuba in the cigar shop in a 5 star hotel last year, either the famous one in Havana or the one I stayed in at Cayo Coco.
Sadly due to too much good rum I can't remember which. I never bought anything on the street for "a good price" however.
I went in asking for some RyJ Churchills and found just 3 in an open box. I was wanting at least 6 but the lady behind the counter said she didn't have any more. She said "how about some wide Churchills "? Having never heard of them she then shows me an open RyJ dress box below the one I just bought from containing 2 tubos. The tubos look identical to the ones from the other RyJ box, but contain a cigar with a wide Churchill band. "Why not I said" and bought them 
As you see they measure a fraction below 7" long and are 19mm in diameter. 
On becoming more knowledgeable on cigars thanks to FOH, I've found out they should be 5 1/4" long and a wider 55 ring gauge. 
Scratches head.?
What's going on here ?
The last picture shows my wide Churchill next to a standard Churchill.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Strange. From the comparison photo of the two, there doesn’t appear to be any reason to doubt that it’s a legit Churchill (unless they’re both fake)...but why the “Wide Churchill” band? I don’t see any special long version of the wide churchill listed on the Cuban Cigar website.

2 hours ago, Waah954 said:

Is this a Photoshop trick :).

Could just be a misplaced band.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

My first thought was exactly that, a misplaced band. But the cigars in question came from the box on the wide Churchill shelf, plus the assistant sold me them as such. I have 2 cigars like that not just one, and I'm willing to bet the rest from the box did too.

20 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Strange. From the comparison photo of the two, there doesn’t appear to be any reason to doubt that it’s a legit Churchill (unless they’re both fake)...but why the “Wide Churchill” band? I don’t see any special long version of the wide churchill listed on the Cuban Cigar website.

Hi the comparison photo is a genuine Churchill from an EMS retailer

obviously neither is a wide Churchill.

this leads one to think they are just Churchills.

your sales person is an idiot.

smoke on..................

• Like 2

On 4 June 2017 at 3:54 AM, SlimOne said:

Taste test

Well being a newbie to cigars I've yet to try a "standard" wide Churchill. Next time I see some on 24:24 I will try for a few. ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just a replaced second band on a Churchill, and that is Cuba beeing cuba, and tubed sticks aint the most pretty ones that get sold!

To me no issues here other than the ring is misplaced, and the seller is indeed has no clue about selling cigars ;)

Keep calm and smoke on!