Code scratched off?

rhcolbert

Picked up some RG perlas from a vendor I've trusted for years. Had a good deal if you purchased 50 of em.  

Cigars in the 5x5 boxes looked and smelled fine. Will probably smoke one soon to do the taste test (no, not to determine authenticity but to determine if I like em for the price paid and move on)

odd thing is the scratch marks on BOTH boxes where the code to verify on the habsnos site.  Anyone seen this? Cause for concern? No idea why anyone would take the time to make fake RG perlas...

IMG_0097.JPG

Can't get caught selling outside his / her zone.  Could lose his / her lic. if caught.

Deep Gray world......

7 minutes ago, kuma said:

Can't get caught selling outside his / her zone.  Could lose his / her lic. if caught.

Deep Gray world......

Yup, that seems to be the situation here.  Some want to have dibs on American market when available, so don't want any codes in America currently tied to them when/if opens (that's the story anyways).

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, Straight Grey Market. I don't see anything to be concerned about. There a a number of "Trusted Vendors" that do this, it is to protect their supplier up the chain from them, who may not want people knowing exactly where all their cigars go. They usually do a cleaner job than that though, one swipe across with the side of a razor blade is all it takes. These smaller labels are easier as you don't have to knick all the micro prints as well. 

How have they tasted? I picked up a box of these in Havana last November (13 code like yours) and they have been great so far!

• Like 2