Upmann connoisseur 10 count box

Pixa

afaik, the connie 1 comes in slb's of 25 only. Nice looking box though.

No **** Sherlock, that's why I posted the picture. Lot of effort into making this fake box. The more interesting point is it's also being sold in a LCDH

which LCDH?

One in Cozumel there was a lot of other things with there stock too. Transit seals showing on all there upmann PC box, that itself happens but the box down the bottom had the same new model transit seal with a pre 2009 box seal.

Guest Robo

Afaik, that health warning sticker only originates from Cuba (meaning it must have been purchased in Cuba).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

On 2017-6-3 at 4:18 PM, RijkdeGooier said:

OK guys I'll share the story as it was told to me by the owner of a reputable LCdH. He also had a box (not for sale) that we had a look at while walking through the stockroom.

Officially the Connie 1 is a 25 box count only of course. But for the Habanos Festival in 2014 they made 10ct boxes of Connie 1. Those original boxes have the festival bands on the cigars. 

Apparently they made far to many boxes. According to the 'offical' story after the festival they ripped off the extra bands (my guess is they just filled the extra boxes with normal production) and the boxes found their way into retail. 

An interesting story? and I would never imagine this LCdH risking their reputation over 1 box which wasn't even for sale. 

Could be true, it would be nice to know if the code actually checks out.

One in Cozumel there was a lot of other things with there stock too. Transit seals showing on all there upmann PC box, that itself happens but the box down the bottom had the same new model transit seal with a pre 2009 box seal.

This is what I get for looking back through window, there were not transit seals but Mexican importers authenticity seal. Had a close look this morning
  • Like 1

Gents,

I can confirm that I've seen these boxes in the Partagas Factory back-room walk-in humidor, while I was in Havana in November last year.  There was probably 5-10 boxes all told, exactly as shown above. I forgot to ask about them because I was kind of confused myself. I guess this clears up the story!

• Like 2