Newbie from Tasmania

josh92

Hey! My name is Josh.

I'm very new to the cigar world, bought my first cigar last week and loved it. Very looking forward to learning more about everything cigar related. Even more looking forward to enjoying more cigars. 

Cheers! Josh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks 'too far gone' for the welcome. I see your a whisky man as well! We just had Whisky Live down here in Hobart which was (again) fantastic. Had the Dalwhinne 15, the Glenfiddich 15 and the Balvennie 17 YO. The stand out for me (at the old and rare bar and not included in the ticket price) was the 30 Y/O Balvennie. Cradled it like a baby and was still sipping it walking out the front door!

Had a magic moment with it and a HDM Epicure 2 just outside the front door!

Cheers

• Like 1

Must. Not. Buy. More. Scotch. - Easier said than done!

Myself I have been enjoying a bottle of the 17 YO Balvennie but I do have a bottle of the Glenmorangie 18 YO that I plan to open shortly which is also a great drop. Next purchase will be the Glenmorangie 'Signet' which seems to have a good write up. Dan Murphys have it for $209 a bottle but might be cheaper elsewhere!

I am thinking we should move this into a new thread. Feel like we have hijacked Josh92's welcome message!

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1