Coffee Maker

La Pavoni and lever styled machines are pretty cool.  Someone came out with a totally manual machine that uses boiling water and just a lever.  No electronics.  I wonder how it actually is. Maybe someone has it here?  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to manual pour over coffee about a year ago. I use a cheap Hario ceramic dripper, takes a bit more time and effort than a machine but well worth it imo. You can really fine tune your cup. Wi

I'll join in the fun too as I'm also a coffee geek.  What I like: Freshly ground beans 7-10 days off roast is ideal for me, but I'll drink coffee much much older than that. Even months old.

May I present my faithful coffee maker. I grew up with this coffee maker in the 1960's. It followed me to college and then grad school. Now over 50 years later it remains my one and only coffee maker.

Guest Nekhyludov

A Toddy Cold Brew system should keep me in iced coffee for the summer. 

I love these - we used to use them in the coffee shop I worked at in college. They make great cold concentrate and they're really inexpensive. 

20170621_154531.thumb.jpg.a9efcc16689212873094b7d99ec37a54.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:39 PM, Hurltim said:

If you want to up your coffee game, start with a grinder. The Capresso Infinity is a good entry burr grinder under 100 bucks. Grab a nice french press and you are off and running.
My coffee maker is a Bonavita BV1900TS. It's one of the few that actually brews at the correct temperature for s reasonable price.
I use my french press on the weekends. I still think it beats the machine for flavor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So true a Burr grinder makes a huge diff.

• Like 2