FOH CAN/US Box Pass 2017 - Rules/Guidelines/Particpants/Cigar List

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Box Pass Rules/Guidelines   A Box Pass is pretty straightforward – it’s a fun way to try a few cigars that you havn’t been able to try before (or maybe you havn’t tried one for a while), as

Hey Everyone! I can now release the Participant List.  It's posted below.  As each member confirms their address and availability, I am building the Box Pass Route - as soon as all addresses and av

Hey Everyone - This Thread will include the Rules, Guidelines and Trading Explanation for the FOH CAN/US Box pass. Everyone Tagged in the message, please review the posts below and ensure that you'

Thanks for the Props, guys.  I'm getting pretty excited to start this off. If I can, I will try to give a sneak peak on what cigars will start off the pass.

@joeypots, I understand what you mean. From what I've seen, the side trades don't tend to clutter up the box too much, but it's a fair point.  Is there lots of folks who are interested in doing side trades through the box pass? Post and let us know so we can gauge interested. I'm fine either way, happy to accommodate but also happy to say no to them. 

2 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

Thanks for the Props, guys.  I'm getting pretty excited to start this off. If I can, I will try to give a sneak peak on what cigars will start off the pass.

@joeypots, I understand what you mean. From what I've seen, the side trades don't tend to clutter up the box too much, but it's a fair point.  Is there lots of folks who are interested in doing side trades through the box pass? Post and let us know so we can gauge interested. I'm fine either way, happy to accommodate but also happy to say no to them. 

OK, what ever the organizer thinks is best is fine. I'm just along for the ride.

Thanks for taking the time to spell everything out and foster this whole swap. It's a huge undertaking as we just did one in the US sub-forum. Looking forward to it. 

10 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

Don't worry mate, you'll be okay. If the Du Rois you're thinking of are anything like the last 4 or 5 I've had (lousy lousy tasteless drab sticks)....you ain't missing much LOL

You are the last person to ask about any HDM...being the President of HDM Haters Fan Club LOL

1 minute ago, Boosted said:

You are the last person to ask about any HDM...being the President of HDM Haters Fan Club LOL

Hey, it's my Box Pass, I'll ban HDM's if I want to LOL! :P

Besides, I only joined that club in the last 6-9 months.  I used to love HDMs. Something happened, I don't know what!

Last time I ran the Box Pass, I was on a similar RyJ funk.  Then, in 2014, I had some brilliant examples and RyJ is out of the doghouse now. 

Hey, it's my Box Pass, I'll ban HDM's if I want to LOL!

Besides, I only joined that club in the last 6-9 months.  I used to love HDMs. Something happened, I don't know what!

Last time I ran the Box Pass, I was on a similar RyJ funk.  Then, in 2014, I had some brilliant examples and RyJ is out of the doghouse now. 

It happens bro. I'm on a bad terms with Classic Cohiba line now. Been that way for 2 years. CoLa, Espy, CCE, CoRo...all junk. Tried early 90s, mid 90s, early 2000s, late 2000s and just nothing from them.

Damn offi-sures.  Always adding WAY TOO MUCH RULES!!!!

:devil2:  :stir:

I know you're talking in jest but the events of the last BP unfortunately made it necessary to spell everything out clearly and in detail :)
  • Like 1

Hey, it's my Box Pass, I'll ban HDM's if I want to LOL!

Well it looks like I'll need to do one of those side trades with you for some GOOD HDMs ;)

I know, Claus.  Yes, I am just jiving Chris.  But thank you for clarifying that, as though the three of us know my intent there, others may not have read my sarcasm right.  So yeah, thank you though.

As I mentioned to Chris, gawd bless him for running the damn thing.  I always have it easy in just taking part.  I've always hated dealing with all the BS of the organizing and decision-granting for the puts-takes.

I know, Claus.  Yes, I am just jiving Chris.  But thank you for clarifying that, as though the three of us know my intent there, others may not have read my sarcasm right.  So yeah, thank you though.

As I mentioned to Chris, gawd bless him for running the damn thing.  I always have it easy in just taking part.  I've always hated dealing with all the BS of the organizing and decision-granting for the puts-takes.

Who says you made the list? :innocent:

Hey Everyone!

I can now release the Participant List.  It's posted below.  As each member confirms their address and availability, I am building the Box Pass Route - as soon as all addresses and availabilities are confirmed, I will release the route. Just waiting on 8 more responses.

Oh, and the Cigar List will be released shortly as well, hopefully by tomorrow.  If all breaks well, this will be shipped out to the first member next week! 

FOH CAN/US BOX PASS 2017 PARTICIPANTS
CANADA
1. Ramrod918
2. Garnett
3. Onsto
4. treberty
5. Shlomo
6. ComancheKeen
7. havanaclub
8. ChrisMG
9. CanuckSARTech
USA
10. ChefBoyRG54
11. zulubravo
12. CatchNRelease
13. Nekhyludov
14. joeypots
15. Erm310mce
16. Tave1225
17. ehdg
18. dizedean
19. zeedubbya
20. Knilas
21. jsummers157
22. Newkarian
23. Boosted
24. SloppyJ
25. khomeinist
26. Boopdeep
27. jacktarnold
28. joshb
29. Charley
30. Notsocleaver
31. topdiesel
32. fabes
33. Lotusguy

• Like 4

Meh.  Only 33 stops.  And I thought you could do better.

A lowly private clerk could organize this much stuff.  I thought you're the "right stuff", navy boy!

Or is that "write stuff".

LOL.  :D  :stir:  :buddies:

Just kiddin', bud.  

Great start.  It's a PITA to organize these things, so a huge kudos to you already!

In seriousness.

I guess.  

:devil2:

4 minutes ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

To make it interesting, more than anything.

Last one I ran, RyJ's were excluded.  Same reason.  This time around, RyJ's are good but Hoyos are not.

HDM o phile!  So...........Quinteros are OK?