Non-Cuban Cigars

Hello FOH, 

I wanted to know if anyone has recently had a Fuente OpusX Lost city lancero. It has been a while since I had one and have seen they are always considered "rare" at least in the US. I wanted to know if they are even worth it still. I hope to hear everyone's opinion. 

I have had one a while back, maybe in the last 4 months.  Gifted from a friend at my local shop before I relocated.  I would have to say, as a gift it was most generous, but I would shudder to pay the asking price on that stick.  My favorite non-cuban lanceros are the Tatuaje black petite lancero, the illusione holy lance, and the Leaf by Oscar Maduro Lancero.  All can be had for a fraction of the cost, and in my opinion, are a better smoke than the Opus X.  I might not be your guy to ask, because I never thought the high-end Fuentes were worth their salt, but then again, you did ask for Fuente advise on a Cuban Cigar Forum, so serves you right. 

• Like 1

Had a "lost City" about a year ago.  I regretted paying the price for this average smoke.  Not hard to

get my local B&M always has them in stock.  Would love to try the "Tatuaje Black Petit Lance."

but most of the B&M's in my area don't carry any of the above mentioned skinnies!

I have a number of unopened boxes of rare Opus x cigars. I smoked one of the lost city after all the hype and passed on collecting this one. If I was looking for an excellent Opus I would try to try to find an Opus destino siglo like the 2 pictured at the bottom  Avoid the 20yr with the blue band pictured at the top  Overpriced waste of cash

IMG_1207.JPG

Edited by Winchester21
  • Like 1

NO Opus X has ever done anything for me as far as dazzling my cigar tastebuds and sense of aroma. I mean I can respect its quality creation in its makeup but it just ain't "got it" for me. And I've given several of them numerous tries. I'm also not a "long and skinny" lancero fan. Only twice in my cigar crazed life have I been bedazzled by a lancero size smoke: *) A Peter Stokkebye I think it was called a Santa Maria back in 1987: **) And the original release of Trinidad Fundadores back in 1993 or 1994. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Winchester21 said:

I have a number of unopened boxes of rare Opus x cigars. I smoked one of the lost city after all the hype and passed on collecting this one. If I was looking for an excellent Opus I would try to try to find an Opus destino siglo like the 2 pictured at the bottom  Avoid the 20yr with the blue band pictured at the bottom.  Overpriced waste of cash

IMG_1207.JPG

Winchester you have to share pics of your collection to the world.  It has got to be inpressive

• Like 1

saw these in a catalog yesterday, still available.

was not the Lost City batch several years ago, and if so there seems to be no lack of availability.

must not be selling for some reason..............;)

Definitely not worth it. While Fuente grows some excellent tobacco, this is not some of it. And they're just getting silly with the Hype Machine pricing.

I've always been amazed at how popular their limited releases sell, considering they usually taste like some other Fuente product already available at a fraction of the cost. Angel's Share and the Don Arturos are exceptions to this, yet I'm still not planning on resupplying these when I run out. I'll stick to aging Don Carlos no 3, Hemingway sungrowns, 858s and Añejos.

• Like 3

Had one Lost city robusto and wasn't overly impressed. Mind you my expectations were very high.
Imo the best opus x is the regular blend perfexion no4. The petite corona size. Outstanding cigar. A pure cinnamon stick with nice strength and spice.
The other Fuente worth buying imo is the don Carlos personal reserve.
And I really enjoy the angle share corona gorda size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk