I just adopted some Cubans... (picture heavy post)

Please give us the details and conversation how it went down after you entered his house.  We need details, man, so we can all fantasize about it happening to us!  What did you think when he opened the humidor?  Did he offer all he had for free?  Did you go through each box there, or just hauled them off before he changed his mind? 

I would have gone straight to a Power Ball Lottery store and bought one ticket if this had happened to me. 

Good for you!  :party::clap:

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I attended a big gala dinner a few weeks ago. Great wine, great food, great friends and off course I´ve brought some good cigars. Standing out smoking a Dip#4 later in the evening I started a con

Un fooking believable!!!! You just hit the lottery bro! Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HdM DC Beautiful stick. Lucky I'm not pregnant... Anyone know the date? OISS  CFGOS  According to NIVELACUSO "OI" should be February, but what about "SS"? CFG

11 hours ago, stogieluver said:

Please give us the details and conversation how it went down after you entered his house.  We need details, man, so we can all fantasize about it happening to us!  What did you think when he opened the humidor?  Did he offer all he had for free?  Did you go through each box there, or just hauled them off before he changed his mind? 

I would have gone straight to a Power Ball Lottery store and bought one ticket if this had happened to me. 

Good for you!  :party::clap:

Not so dramatic. I was more or less expecting the Hannibal Lecter treatment beacuse it sounded to good to be true :lol:

He actually offered me everything except for the humidor cabinet itself since that was going to his son along with some NC´s. Apparently his son was more of an occasional cigar smoker and had no real interest in the collection.

Juan Lopez Corona...

Extremely boxpressed but a generous draw. Rather dull in the beginning but at the second third it opened up with cedar notes and dried nuts.

IMG_1292.JPG

• Like 4

Wow what an awesome story here!!! Cherish and enjoy in good health. Some true gems. You've inherited what could fetch $7,000+ of aged cigars on auctions. Might not all be delicious, but what a collection - and what generosity!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mkz said:

BBF 01 with a wee bit of mold...

IMG_1296.thumb.JPG.94c1e4e71957ed3da91304e8c338219a.JPG

IMG_1297.thumb.JPG.f93b17d970e2f349436fd7f91ffde3b0.JPG

Razor sharp burn.

Perfect draw.

Strong with notes of dried fruit.

Creamy but still powerful.

IMG_1299.thumb.JPG.107a68f6fa39e4ae31eb3e858f43f8d2.JPG

Hey Mate, 

I've not personally come across this type of mould before i.e the whiter patchy kind without the fuzz. I was interesting if you can actually pick up any actual mould smell of this?

On 2017-07-07 at 0:54 PM, 99call said:

Hey Mate, 

I've not personally come across this type of mould before i.e the whiter patchy kind without the fuzz. I was interesting if you can actually pick up any actual mould smell of this?

Stuck my whole nose in the box and there is just good tobacco smell and barnyard. :thumbsup:

Perhaps I need a sniffer dog... 

• Like 1

Moving on to the Quinteros.

But ugly stick with green spots and some white mold. Smell in the box is "cellar".

Actually nicer than apperance. Nothing refined, just pure tobacco flavour with a hint of dry roasted peanuts. One dimensional but honest. These ones will go well as a quick fix smoke in the winter.

IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.d8c8015d28e168b5b2a0d04f40b15fc7.JPG

LFC Selectos...

Haven't had a Selectos for over 10 years... This one is a bit underfilled and burn is all over the place.

After all a decent smoke with tobacco flavour and a touch of brown sugar.

Not bad.

IMG_1327.thumb.JPG.3861933a83d394f0e90c3f31a96a8b6b.JPG

11 hours ago, 99call said:

Loving this journey. and loving the fact your being very honest :2thumbs:

Thanks Stefan!

I´m not very good at putting words on my cigar experiences but better quick and short than nothing at all.

I will try to go through all of these cigars and report in this post. It´s a hard job, but someone´s gotta do it... B)

I just kept scrolling and it never ended, so fantastic.

Now you have to keep some of those wonderful things aside and pass them on to another BOTL down the track.

Enormous amount of karma should follow.

Fonseca No1

Here's are scary one...

IMG_1341.thumb.JPG.3091bbf57688ae6f4ad32035f3aa30f2.JPG

Can't really tell if it's white or green but its fuzzy in both ends. No foul smell though.

IMG_1346.thumb.JPG.06e820ffb0e3114fffadb626c2092304.JPG

Ok burn on the flakier side.

Plenty of smoke. Good draw. 

Can't feel any taste of the mold. Smokes quite nicely with notes of cedar, floral and fudge. Last third turned a bit harsher but no disaster.

I've heard you shouldn't smoke fuzzy feet cigars. Can't really understand why... :huh:

• Like 1

RASS - OSU JUL00

Beautiful Robusto just turned 17 with some white mold all over the place (yes even the foot is fuzzy). Paired with a cool GT.

IMG_1355.thumb.JPG.53c22844f69a21ec16df15e8f89b2f29.JPG

Delivering a perfect draw and tons of smoke.

1/3 - Smooth cream with light chocolate and cedar.

2/3 - Still creamy. Chocolate turns darker. Hints of almond and brown sugar.

3/3 - Dark chocolate. Full bodied but still with cream around the edges. Ending with sweet molasses. Nubbed!

IMG_1361.thumb.JPG.ef6b50f161e9ccf1bee6373ed4697f18.JPG

Oh God! What a great smoke!

• Like 4

Troya up next...

Require some wiping before smoking :P

IMG_1309.thumb.JPG.cc12c6632b049ecc8036e951c4905785.JPG

Thought it might go well with coffee... Damn right it did!

IMG_1365.thumb.JPG.8dd7dce958488fa13648742d08b33536.JPG

Superb pairing. The cigar showed no complexity at all, however it was packed with medium bodied tobacco flavour with a touch of burnt sugar. Enjoyable all the way. 

I declare this my C&C cigar! 

• Like 2

Vacation time = plenty of smoke time.

Punch DC - a bit uncertain of the box code. Think its June 98...

Sitting out in the sun reading a book, this proves to be a suitable partner for the 2 hour ride.

Nice firm draw. A bit thin on the smoke. Very suttle taste of cream, coffee and leather all the way though.

Very relaxing!

IMG_1368.thumb.JPG.a2744174c76d1c02c3167fdeac95682c.JPG

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 38special said:

This whole journey is absolutely incredible. Very cool story and updates.

We're they dry when you got to em or just needed a bump in humidity?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for watching mate!

The cigars are actually in better condition than expected.

Most have a very good aroma and feels just fine when pinched.

Only ones I´m actually worried about are the Monarch´s. They feel quite dry, look pale and has almost no smell at all. I will check in soon if they are a lost cause or not.

I think most of the lot was saved by the fact that they were neglected in their humidor in a dark, damp and cool cellar.

So far I haven´t found any issues with the different variations of white mold on some of them either...

• Like 1