Newbie from Jacksonville

Riverstyx

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 0:45 PM, Riverstyx said:

Well, we got back from Cuba yesterday.  It was awesome!  Below you can see my haul.  Unfortunately, no customs.  Also, Behikes and Montecristo no 2 were nowhere to be found.  

Most of the cigars came from the LCDH by the Partagas factory.  We stayed at the Kempinski...Cohiba Atmostphere was more expensive, but I'm not sure why.  They also lacked selection.  In fact, buying cigars from the tobacco lounge within the Kempinski was cheaper than Cohiba Atmosphere.  

When I came through customs on the way back, they asked if I had more than 100 cigars.  I didn't think there was a limit?  Anyway, I said no because it was split between my wife and I.  All clear.  

CC.JPG

• Like 1

I wish I could put them away for a while.  I've been trying, but it's so hard.  I've sampled at least one from every box so far, and going to try and wait a few weeks before having any more.  Ordered my first box from our host, so I'm thinking I'll have to keep doing that to build up my aged supply!

Most were pretty good.  The last 1/3rd of the Lusitania sucked, the HDM Epic 2 sucked, and one of the two RASS I tried sucked (all bitter).  The rest were good to great.  With no age, my favs were: Partagas no 4, Bolivar BF, Mont #4, and CoRo (not in any order).

• 2 weeks later...