Flor De Cano 'Gran Cano' LAR AGO 2013

Great construction on this cigar. A few tiny vibrant green spots on this cigar (a bit like an electric candela)

Aroma cold is an odd one, very clean and pungent, without being strong in any way. Cant put my finger on it

Draw is classic degree of resistance, no problems. a weird stickiness on the head. Ken I believe has mentioned this on SLR DC's.

1st third. Lots of signs this is going to form some signature vintage mint hits, in the future. Very light body, many have commented that this is the ultimate cigar to be paired with champagne, I think the reason for this, is that it's core profile is just starting to show it's hand. That sweet tangerine aroma you get off fresh bakers yeast, is at the centre of this cigars character. 

2nd third, A very slight brioche bread like character coming though, but it's not buttery in any way, its far too clean for that. The cigar is very opulent but not in a cream-bomb nature, it's super refined and almost mineral.  Some have picked an effervescent quality in Monte 4-2 (lemonade) or Monsdales (coke)  This is like a mineral water with tangerine and a bit of mint.  I couldn't ever imagine a blender could be this ingenious if they intentionally wanted to pair this cigar with champagne, but the result would work very well indeed.

Final 3rd, This has amped up, but in the same register. there is zero finish to this cigar, it's so clean. This is not an oil driven cigar, it's very much in the De Dieux concept, lots of dry tanic qualities, but strangely not really any wood present. 

I think this cigar is going to be a bit of an enigma in the future. I think the mint and tangerine is going to ramp up, and it has the quality tobacco and balance to become one of the biggest hitters out there, for those who like a light aromatic smokes 

IMG_20170630_130758.jpg

IMG_20170630_125639.jpg

IMG_20170630_131803.jpg