Can anyone give any info on this scotch?

BellevilleMXZ

Was handed down to a friend of mine,through the family...... supposed to be quite old, but don't see a year on it. Just curious as to year, value, .....really anything u can offer

FB_IMG_1498475793495.jpg

FB_IMG_1498475800784.jpg

dewars a good name. obviously something designed for the french canadian market. obviously an old bottle (which may or may not increase the value). i would contact dewars and ask them for info. if you get any, please let us know.

• Like 1

Sometime after the late 30's http://www.whiskyparadise.com/dettaglio-whisky.asp?IDArticolo=8670

Your best bet is to reach out to an auction site to try and get a better idea of pricing. Whiskey tends to appreciate based on the age statement (in most cases), not the age of the bottle. A higher age statement = more expensive. With that being said, it's a pretty cool bottle to have in a collection, and the packaging is interesting.

If you want to get a better sense of what makes a whiskey valuable and collectable, this is a good link with good information: http://www.lawhiskeysociety.com/pages/information-rare-old-whiskey-value#what-is-my-old-bottle-of-whiskey-worth

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@BellevilleMXZ  I was checking in to some Scotch last night and came across this here :Dewars White Label; ..Here is some info from the site:\

\

Dewar's White Label 1960s Bottling Note

Dewar's introduced modern screw caps (as this bottle has) in the early 1960s. It's thought that this antique 75cl bottle of classic blended Scotch whisky dates from this decade.

Enjoy>>>>>

Dewars White Label.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, smfdff said:

@BellevilleMXZ  I was checking in to some Scotch last night and came across this here :Dewars White Label; ..Here is some info from the site:\

\

Dewar's White Label 1960s Bottling Note

Dewar's introduced modern screw caps (as this bottle has) in the early 1960s. It's thought that this antique 75cl bottle of classic blended Scotch whisky dates from this decade.

Enjoy>>>>>

Dewars White Label.jpg

Thanks! I need to convince him to crack it open now!

• 4 weeks later...