Cohiba Behike 54 - I believe it's real. What do you think?

38special

I believe this is real, but there's a small discrepancy so I figured I'd ask the great people of FOH.

This stick was purchased at the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas. I'd read previously that they *should* be a legitimate source for Cubans. Also purchased a few Monte #2s there that all look good.

The crease in the band is because the band was removed and then put back on.

Album here:

My concern is the hologram that says Cohiba Behike. It seems to bleed into the black/white squares a bit.

What do you folks think?

The wrapper looks a bit rough, but then not much different than the one I recently enjoyed thoroughly. The band seems ok to me. 

I see what you’re saying about the hologram now. I went and checked all nine 52’s I have and none of them “bleed” outside the space like yours. Still, I wouldn’t be too concerned. Probably just a minor inconsistency, as the rest of the band and Taino hologram appear legit. The proof is in the smoking experience. 

That is an ugly looking stuck. Every BHK I've had have been beautiful looking sticks, that looks way off to me. Smoke and see though, that where you will get a better idea than some dumb ass on the internet.

Booyaa illustrates a great point. The net is chock full of folks so drunk they can’t even find the bathroom in time, yet have a computer keyboard right in front of them. Take the advice you receive here with a healthy dose of skepticism.  

• Like 1

FWIW: I'd say fake, based on the rough look of the stick and how the white squares on the band align. In particular, the squares around the Cohiba name and the hologram below it on the back of this stick look suspect, as every real Behike I've seen has the edges of these boxes align with the edges of the white squares evenly. Cubancigarwebsite has good images of these bands for comparison. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@38special Below are some pictures:

1) A band I took yesterday from a family friend that purchased what I believe 99.9999% are fakes.

2) A band from a box I received from our host.

You can decide if I am "some dumb ass on the internet" or not, but your pictures show the same anomlies as the fake.

IMG_1898.thumb.jpg.e2d7062b5bafa94ed6b5e237fc60ab41.jpg

IMG_1899.thumb.jpg.11cb09550b03ff22b3b59b8fd91039db.jpg

IMG_1897.thumb.jpg.de702d82dbd44958126eb8da75313605.jpg

IMG_1900.thumb.jpg.210125efee6edd49b436ac64a98fe2bd.jpg

Can you tell the differences?

I will also note that the bands don't fluoresce the same under black light and the cards included in the packaging are noticeably different.  I don't have the complete packaging from the fakes yet but will get my hands on it eventually.  Just haven't figured out how to tell a friend he is probalbly getting taken for a ride.  The price alone screams fakes but the photos don't lie.

@SignalJoe what say you?

• Like 4

@BEVOSREVENGE I concur.  The better fakes out there attempt to mimic the genuine article with detail.  Fortunately for us most don't have the ability to print actual holograms.  The holographic print on fakes can usually all be seen regardless of angle or lighting because they are not holographs.  

Having said that fakes aren't always bad.  I mean Jenny McCarthy's boobs are fake and it doesn't make her any less awesome! ;)

• Like 3

I don't disagree that all fakes taste bad, BUT if you are paying for Jenny McCarthy and get Rosie O'Donnell in a Jenny McCarthy mask - did you get what you paid for????

You can do the mental cut and paste below because I don't photoshop.  :P 

tumblr_l0g1iwuQGI1qbp7evo1_500.jpg.png.81c641714d0bc9d2a33069e950702dc3.png

rosie-odonnell-435-6.jpg.3b069d7de8ef52dc92bfe768547a3ddb.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, SignalJoe said:

I mean Jenny McCarthy's boobs are fake and it doesn't make her any less awesome! ;)

21 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

I don't disagree that all fakes taste bad, BUT if you are paying for Jenny McCarthy and get Rosie O'Donnell in a Jenny McCarthy mask - did you get what you paid for????

Yep, the difference between fake and counterfeit! Her fake boobs are certainly not conterfeit, they make it the original.

Not all counterfeit Cuban cigars are fake Cuban cigars, and a few are pretty nicely made - same holding for boobs for that matter.... :D

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd add this anyway. An acquaintance gave me this Behike which had been given to him source unknown. I compared it to a box of 52 purchased from a reputable ‘R’ source. By eye, it's obvious the suspect (s) smoke is darker, shorter, and appears to be thinner. I later confirmed its a 51 ring guage  using an inexpensive ring guage chart.

The band is pretty good and looks a lot like the OP's band,  but the following discrepancies from ‘R’ bands are observed:

1. Different number of white blocks between nose and ponytail tip to "Behike".

2. Gold border around "Cohiba" wider on "S" than on "R".

3. Printing heavier on "S" than "R" for "Havana, Cuba"

My conclusion is fake

Added 9/18/17

I finally got around to lighting this suspect smoke. Pre-cut I sort of got that barnyard smell, which had me wondering. However after cutting the draw was definitely not Cuban tobacco IMO. I don't consider myself expert by any means, but I have been smoking mostly Cuban cigars (95%) for over 15 years. About 650-700 cigars per year, mainly Partagas but some Cohiba. I am fairly confident this was not Cuban tobacco and comfortable with my conclusion this is a fake Behike.

IMG_4045.thumb.JPG.407a6c69edf8a065881c1aba640caaf8.JPG

IMG_4046.thumb.JPG.2e0f699f1dcef2c16c3a11c6925f6a02.JPG

IMG_4049.thumb.JPG.7349f9d06b0b1bff4734cbf5f0367bd7.JPG

IMG_4050.thumb.JPG.2d181b119a65bf2790650e53e49b3f09.JPG

Edited by Vetteman
Added to post
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

color varies between boxes,I would not take that into consideration.

The pigtail is excessive.

also, look at how perfect the "fake " is.

prettiest one in the crowd.

I agree this one looks suspicious.