Compulsive spenders.....we salute you!

My "minimalist" new year's resolution went out the window early :rolleyes:

It did get me down for a while. I mean, how is it that a bloke of my age can't go three days without buying some trinket or gadget. :lookaround:

Then I started to thinking. If it wasn't for people like us greasing the wheels of commerce the world would be in recession......we are really heroes :spotlight:

....let's not get carried away

Back to topic. 

We are halfway through 2017. What has been your best or worst (or both) non cigar purchase to date. 

Mine?

Tumi Peterson wheeled backpack. 

spent a fortune and still use my old tumi backpack day to day :cofcig:

• Like 2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, haven't got the hospital bill yet, but the best thing I've brought home is my new baby daughter!  Even brought her home on Father's Day!  

Way to large smoker... 

I rotate between Harley parts & gear, guns & ammo, cigars & hooch. This week... a Mossberg International Silver Reserve Over/Under Break Action 12 Gauge Shotgun... for skeet, trap, an

Bought 3 pairs of Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones for AUD$765 (RRP $499) on an ebay 1 hour EOFY sale. Already flogged 2 of them for nearly the same amount that I paid for the 3!

During the same week, I bought a new Xbox One S (even though I already have an Xbox One 1Tb). Bought a WD Black 2Tb hdd and enclosure to go with it too. Now I'm selling my old One 1Tb.

And lets not mention the amount of wine I've recently purchased on a whim...

Maybe I should give myself a pay rise?

• Like 3

I haven't purchased anything non-cigar related in years. Wait, I did buy a new pair of shoes but I am still wearing the old ones...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, skalls said:

New truck.  Never bought a brand new vehicle.  1600 miles on it already.

IMG_20170610_115809602.thumb.jpg.d24055b7b0e5ecdbdbe7af22741f258e.jpg

Also bought a Kamado Joe classic grill.

I got another box of Fonseca #1s to store in the locker and some gorgeous looking vr unicos.

IMG_20170129_122505491.jpg

And the new normal at the gas pump.

IMG_20170705_084335312.thumb.jpg.8df4a99a0fc3152d5062ef0eea949d56.jpg

Nice rig mate...

Fuel under 2 bucks... I wish...! -tP

• Like 2

I got a new driver, 60 bucks on second swing, the titleist 909d3 from 8 years ago. Just hit it 320 off the deck at a recent scramble onto the green. Worth every penny. Also bought my wedding suit. 

49 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Bought 3 pairs of Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones for AUD$765 (RRP $499) on an ebay 1 hour EOFY sale. Already flogged 2 of them for nearly the same amount that I paid for the 3!

During the same week, I bought a new Xbox One S (even though I already have an Xbox One 1Tb). Bought a WD Black 2Tb hdd and enclosure to go with it too. Now I'm selling my old One 1Tb.

And lets not mention the amount of wine I've recently purchased on a whim...

Maybe I should give myself a pay rise?

...how soon we forget!

So I just had a crown break and spent yesterday and some of this morning at the dentist. The temp he made, promptly cracked! Pig jaws you know...!

So he was late and I went over to the computer store while I was waiting for him. I saw that they had an 8TB external on sale ($159) so I bought it... Reading about HDD just reminded me that it was in the trunk... -LOL

Yeah, impulse, but with that bastards at Amazon changing my unlimited back up plan from $59 a year, to $1XX for 3 TB per year, I had it justified!!!

-tP

I'm in $800 into repairs over multiple visits to the irrigation system at my new house. Not sure that's really worth greener grass.  That's like four boxes of decent smokes.  Or two super good boxes

• Like 1

The purchase has not been made yet, but in the upcoming weeks i'm buying an electronic drum, a Roland TD-30K to be more precise. Probably the most expensive thing i'll buy this year.

26 minutes ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Bought this a few months ago.....bored one night, looked through autotrader , found this, and decided time for an upgrade. Don't regret at all. And of course cigars on here....that's certainly not a regret either! lol

20170402_153435.jpg

XC60? I bought one earlier this year, a 2010 XC60 T6 R-Design. Only drive it on the weekends when I take my dog out for car rides.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

XC60? I bought one earlier this year, a 2010 XC60 T6 R-Design. Only drive it on the weekends when I take my dog out for car rides.

Yep 13 R design-Polestar.....Works well for the size of it. Already put the IPD exhaust on, Do88 intercooler next. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Yep 13 R design-Polestar.....Works well for the size of it. Already put the IPD exhaust on, Do88 intercooler next. 

With 224kw, this thing is fast enough for my dog! Bit thirsty for its size, downing 11-13L per 100km. But it is a really nice car to drive. Size of a 4WD, but drives like a sedan.

39 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I rotate between Harley parts & gear, guns & ammo, cigars & hooch.

This week... a Mossberg International Silver Reserve Over/Under Break Action 12 Gauge Shotgun... for skeet, trap, and sporting clays. 

20170706_184729.jpg

20170706_184815.jpg

Mate, you and I might need to break some clays...

I have not shot a shotgun in probably 2 years! Wonder if I can still hit the ground!!! -Piggy

• Like 4