Fail: San Cristóbal dlH, Morro, EAR AGO 01

? REFER TO POST NUMBER 5

-------------------------
Smoked this prior to committing to buy a full 25 count box. 

Being a 2001 vintage, I was a bit worried about quality issues, but I was pleasantly surprise that construction was solid. Excellent draw and it burned very evenly throughout the two hours.

This mid-body cigar has aged well. Nice hay and green pepper notes in the first half of cigar complementing its creaminess profile. Around the second half of cigar, I started to pick up a pleasant eucalyptus note that remained on the cigar until the end.

I can see how some people may not enjoy this cigar as much as I did since it's not a powerhouse, but I did truly enjoyed this cigar as a early afternoon smoke. 

A solid 90 points. Needless to say, I opted to buy a full box after really enjoying this elegant smoke.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
In the interest of Science...?

Finally the box that I purchased last week arrived, and I had to taste one cigar to compare with the well-constructed sample that I tasted last week (see above). For curiosity's sake, I picked the best of the worst (i.e. a small soft-spot near the top of 1st third). I was hoping to also smoked one that is well constructed, but rain ruined this experiment since I didn't even get to light the better cigar. 

LOL, I should have started with the good example.

Observations:
- ???Only 36% failure rate: Based on preliminary inspection of this box, around 5 other cigars in box are underfilled and 3 cigars had one or two hard spots. I already discarded those other eight cigars; no need to smoke another bad stick from this box.
- not sure if calculated risk payed-off based on salvaged sticks
- better looking wrappers than the one I sampled last week (see above tasting note)
- mid-body to mild
- more nutty
- less creamy
- mint notes were also present

Rating: 50 points due to the known construction issues. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5468905faa85dfe8b3bf3bf537868f2c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5e603040a594ded9c3a06c0564f55a15.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.70457a5ad393bb7b32d009c1cf29b053.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7710fc2228d91051ff059f16336a9a3a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.14ea5fa459eda504d73696a552dcccbc.jpeg

• Like 1