Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toofargone

First cigar purchases

12 posts in this topic

Howdy,

I'm going to grab a Rob's Rotation and I need a few more for my first order. I want to try to keep them around $10US each from the INT store. I was looking at;

Bolivar Tubos No.2 A/T 25's
Cohiba Siglo I SLB 25's
Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No.2 SLB 25's
Montecristo Especiales No.2 SBN-B 25's
Partagas Shorts 25's
Punch Punch 25's

Are there any suggestions for replacements for the above list? I'm trying to stick with cheap and cheerful for the moment.

Cheers,
toofar.

3 minutes ago, toofargone said:

Howdy,

I'm going to grab a Rob's Rotation and I need a few more for my first order. I want to try to keep them around $10US each from the INT store. I was looking at;

Cohiba Siglo I SLB 25's
Partagas Shorts 25's
Punch Punch 25's

Are there any suggestions for replacements for the above list? I'm trying to stick with cheap and cheerful for the moment.

Cheers,
toofar.

Siglo 1 and Punch Punch have been smoking great lately. I would go with those but you can't really go wrong with any of your list. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, stinkhead said:

Siglo 1 and Punch Punch have been smoking great lately. I would go with those but you can't really go wrong with any of your list. 

Thanks Stinky :P 

It's so hard to chose when you want to take one of everything ;) 

SLR Regios may be a something to consider. They are really good young and are within your price range. They were my first purchase and being able to smoke them right away was nice as I didn't have too many cigars at the time.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, ChrisMG said:

SLR Regios may be a something to consider. They are really good young and are within your price range. They were my first purchase and being able to smoke them right away was nice as I didn't have too many cigars at the time.

Thanks, I've added one to the list!

You have a great list! 

Personally, I would go for the HdM Epicure No. 1.  I prefer the size and am rarely disappointed by the No. 1.  

I haven't tried the MC Especial No. 2, though it generally gets great reviews.  Another to consider is the Petit Edmundo.  I'm not a fan of the size, but the flavors are great!

1 person likes this

Solid list.

Just a tip on sampling:

Order at least two cigars of every kind. A second opinion is always helpful when trying to find your personal favourites. B) 

2 people like this

Well I have had Cohiba Sigo's in the past and I did like them. I'd love an aged box of some Siglo's

Next time I order i'll grab two of each.

You have a great list. 

So not so much replacements, just a few of my rotational chep'n'cheeries are...  RASCC, PLPC, PLMC, SCDLH EP.

2 people like this

Boli Tubos and Punch Punch and are a must have. If you can find the Monte Especiales (some have surfaced lately), grab them, but they're hard to come by and my strong advice is to let them sleep for at least 18 months. Party Shorts are a general workhorse, but IMO 15 and 16 production has been a bit off compared to 13 and 14. Siglo 1, sure, but again, be prepared to age these for at least 18 months. 

I'd strongly recommend considering SC El Principe, PL Panetelas, Boli CJ and 15/16 RASCC. 

1 person likes this

On 7/12/2017 at 10:33 PM, toofargone said:

Howdy,

Cohiba Siglo I SLB 25's
Partagas Shorts 25's
Punch Punch 25's

Cheers,
toofar.

I'd go with Siglo II instead of siglo Is. Lose the Bolivars and get a Corona, like the MC#3 or QD corona.

But that's just me.

1 person likes this

Trinidad Reyes  24:24

PL MC

PL Panetella 

RASC

Fonseca No. 1 24:24

JL No. 1

BTW Great List 

2 people like this