Real US CC Import "Limits"

flinthills

18 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

How did it go?

No problems had about 150 CC's  and some rum the customs guy looked it up and said you're only  allowed 100 have a nice day and waved me thru.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, semifan1 said:

No problems had about 150 CC's  and some rum the customs guy looked it up and said you're only  allowed 100 have a nice day and waved me thru.

Two weeks ago when I visited my hometown (Illinois) from Germany, I was asked by customs if I was carrying less than 100 cigars and I just answered "I'm bringing 9 boxes for personal consumption". Then, they replied "then, you're ok" and didn't care to ask me about the value of the cigars. All I can say is that I didn't lie to them. ?

14 minutes ago, Jose_A_Rodriguez said:

Two weeks ago when I visited my hometown (Illinois) from Germany, I was asked by customs if I was carrying less than 100 cigars and I just answered "I'm bringing 9 boxes for personal consumption". Then, they replied "then, you're ok" and didn't care to ask me about the value of the cigars. All I can say is that I didn't lie to them. ?

From what I have heard here and other places, in conjunction with my own experience, this is one situation where the truth may actually set you free. At current duty rates it just doesn't seem to be worth the agents time to upack, Count/inventory, then apply duty to cigars. Even up to several times the "acceptable" limit. On my trip back through last year I was more than forthcoming that I had several hundred cigars and 7 litres of rum. I don't think the agent even read my customs form. A quick scan, "have a good night" and off I went.

Im sure there is a limit to the quantity this will work for and Im not going to push it, but I have every intention of being completely honest on my way back through later this year. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

From what I have heard here and other places, in conjunction with my own experience, this is one situation where the truth may actually set you free. At current duty rates it just doesn't seem to be worth the agents time to upack, Count/inventory, then apply duty to cigars. Even up to several times the "acceptable" limit. On my trip back through last year I was more than forthcoming that I had several hundred cigars and 7 litres of rum. I don't think the agent even read my customs form. A quick scan, "have a good night" and off I went.

Im sure there is a limit to the quantity this will work for and Im not going to push it, but I have every intention of being completely honest on my way back through later this year. 

?Couldn't agree more with your comments. There's no point on telling lies. I was ready to tell them that I paid over 5000 dollars for the nine boxes; I had receipts with me to show them. I agree that customs just don't think it's worth their time to deal with cigar taxes.