Ramon Allones Club Allones EL 2015 Review

Guest Nekhyludov

I didn't care much for the couple of RACAs I've smoked, but you couldn't ask for a better review than this! 

Great job, John B)

12 hours ago, JohnS said:

The wrapper was a distinctive Maduro wrapper shade that is common with this cigar (although please note, they aren't maduro-leafed wrappers).

John, my understandings that the EL program uses wrapper leaf from the top of the plant. That accounts for the dark but not madurai shade of the wrapper. If I remember correctly, the top leaf grows thicker and darker because of it gets more sun. I'm no expert and would welcome someone better informed to expand on this explanation. Great review.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses. There's been so many accolades in reviews for this cigar that I thought it was best to organise my review the way I did, as a reference topic.

@joeypots, I did some research on maduro wrappers in the last few days and I was surprised that I didn't find more detailed information on the topic, both in print (i.e. books) and on the internet. I know that Cuban maduro wrappers are different from Non-Cuban maduro wrappers due to the fermentation period for the leaves used. I will open up the topic to general discussion in another thread.

You guys can have the Els. I'll take a Cohiba over one any day and twice on Sunday. And a lot of regular production as well.

My .02$

• Like 2

On a further note about these superb cigars, i was walking down the beach smoking one of these with Mrs H. We had a quick smooch and she said mentioned how nice the cigar tasted. She then gave me a longer smooch. 

• Like 3

On a further note about these superb cigars, i was walking down the beach smoking one of these with Mrs H. We had a quick smooch and she said mentioned how nice the cigar tasted. She then gave me a longer smooch. 

I gotta have one of those!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2