Trinidad Coloniales SUE ABR 14

Perfect cool draw. This cigar does know how to carry its ash and even burn. Wishing I could get more cigars from the one that rolled this cigar; the type of roller that would make "Piggy" proud! ?

First 3rd:
Surprisingly a little shy off the gate. Not giving too many defined flavors/aromas on the front palate, other than hay and subdue cedar notes with hints of cream. 

Middle 3rd:
Once it settled down, creamy notes started to fully evolve intertwined with the previously mentioned cedar and hay notes. Really enjoying the overall sweetness on this middle third. Its finish now shows oak and vanilla lingering.

Final Third:
Light-roasted coffee finally become more prominent. Cedar and vanilla notes are still present. The nutmeg spices on this final third pleasantly reminded me of yesterday's outstanding Connie No. 1. 

Mixed feelings about only rating it 90 points since the cigar completely turned around, but I cannot discount the introverted start. Really wishing this elegant cigar were a bit longer to see where its profile evolution was headed. It would be a safe bet that I will be reaching out for a Fundadores tomorrow. :) 

IMG_2182.thumb.JPG.e057e4cf38ecc6a8491b807d457288ab.JPG

• Like 3

Thank you for the review! 

I just ordered a box (different code) and I am looking forward to them, in my mind, you've increased the likelihood of my hopes being fulfilled!

6 minutes ago, Spanishcedar said:

Thank you for the review! 

I just ordered a box (different code) and I am looking forward to them, in my mind, you've increased the likelihood of my hopes being fulfilled!

Spanishcedar, I'm certain that you will be very, very happy when you finally receive it! FWIW, I'm still debating if I should have rated it higher based on how much I enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...