Abu Dhabi airport cigar store

Heading through Abu Dhabi shortly  and was interested to hear opinions on stock and pricing from anyone that has purchased cigars from the airport store recently?

Pretty good prices and selection.  Sure you can find stuff online for les...  Bolivar Emirates are really cool.  I get the Abu Dhabi and Dubai airport duty free's mixed up, but either one is good.  They'll open the boxes for you

Thanks, info appreciated 

I've had bad duty free experiences before and had to live with crap cigars through my holiday. 

Sounds like that's not the case here.

regards

jc 

Was there 2 days ago.. Browsed.. Australian.. Cried.

Although, I've been through Dubai twice now.. I like it less each time.

• 1 year later...

Travelling through Abu Dhabi airport to UK next week. Any update on duty free cigar selectiont/which place to buy from this old thread?

Headed through Adu Dhabi last in April. There is a shop downstairs in the old (but renovated) circular terminal, not sure what the terminal is called.

Had a chat with the owner, he’s got a second, smaller shop in the duty free area in the new terminal as well. Selection and storage in the main shop is good but by far not as big as in the LCDH in Dubai Terminal 3!

I only talked to the owner about Regionals, he had some boxes of Bolivar Emerati hidden away in the locker but was willing to sell them after he figured out I know a thing or two about cigars? But at 650$ a box I wasn’t interested. 

If you need some regular stuff you should definitely be able to find something but I couldn’t tell you any prices.

Good luck hunting!

• 1 year later...

I was there last week. Nothing of interest, prices aren’t great, the walk-ins felt very humid and smelled damp. I didn’t pick up anything. Dubai is much better for duty free. 

On 11/9/2019 at 2:15 PM, David88 said:

I was there last week. Nothing of interest, prices aren’t great, the walk-ins felt very humid and smelled damp. I didn’t pick up anything. Dubai is much better for duty free. 

Any good cigar shops in Dubai beyond the Duty Free?

11 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Any good cigar shops in Dubai beyond the Duty Free?

There are plenty of good cigar shops in Dubai, but the tax on tobacco is huge making it a questionable buy. If I remember there is a la casa in the marina which was quite nice. I brought my own and found a few bars to smoke at