Trinidad Fundadores AEM MAR 15

Anyone out there has any PSP/HQ aged Trinidad Fundadores that you're willing to trade me? If you do, please don't read this tasting note because it might dissuade you about trade them. ?

First 3rd:
Unlike the Trinidad Coloniales from yesterday, there's no introverted beginning for the Fundadores. Within the first draw, there's tons of toffee interplaying with caramel and cream coffee. Lovely sweetness with no bitterness detected at any point. What a draw! Notes of Hay primarily noted on the finish.

IMG_2196.thumb.JPG.425e03dfa52c53eb70cea447f36df071.JPG

Middle 3rd:
Lots going on throughout this third. Toffee notes are now more subdued at the beginning of 2nd third. By the middle of this third, creaminess start to overtake it along with the evolving caramel and cacao notes. By the end of this third, pecan starts to become noticeable. What a lingering finish of cinnamon spices and cedar!

IMG_2197.thumb.JPG.e5a9bd2b981cf24ebf0719dc52a06e37.JPG

Final 3rd:
Can this third keep up with the previously noted complexity? My doubts were dissipated when this Trini transitioned and evolved into a more spicy, medium-roasted coffee profile with vanilla undertones. The cinnamon is now complemented with nutmeg spices. Cream notes have finally diminished, but I now hardly miss them. Cedar and oak on the finish.

94 points with tons of upside if I ever manage to age the rest of the box. What an elegant middle-body cigar. Impeccable construction. Impressed with the ash that it produced throughout the ~110 enjoyable minutes. Ash never fell off on its own; I purposely disposed the ash three times. I even smoked it until the draw was just unbearably hot.

It felt like I smoked three different cigars consequently.  Admittedly, now I'm exaggerating. :)

IMG_2201.thumb.JPG.758dcc588d534626c48c4f5de7a49cd6.JPG

• Like 4

You're on a roll with those Trinidads, Jose!

Thanks for the reviews, I rarely have them, but I just love Trinidads for some reason... maybe it's the pigtail that give them that elegant appeal, but they are just all around good cigars to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...