Smoking a D6 in 7 minutes

I don't get it... dont all of you guys smoke a D6 in sub 10 mins? I even smoked a Bolivar Coronas Junior in 13 minutes. Good "crossing the road smoke"

:D (TIC)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Smoking a D6 in seven minutes ... is an excellent way of getting mouth ulcers in eight minutes.

Plus, I'd be barfing for my country at that speed.  Both volume and distance.

• Like 4

his two alternatives were ripping up his money while standing in the shower and knocking off a bottle of romanee conti in four minutes.

why the hell would anyone bother smoking cigars if they whizz through them in 7 minutes? insanity. i respect a lot of what james does but we are not in sync on this.

• Like 1

He *may* be a decent wine critic, but he sure as heck doesn't have any relevance when it comes to cigars - proven by where he worked before.

• Like 1

Just now, Lotusguy said:

He *may* be a decent wine critic, but he sure as heck doesn't have any relevance when it comes to cigars - proven by where he worked before.

i'd disagree with that. he definitely has relevance. you might disagree with him, and fair enough, but he is relevant. i doubt that habanos would like to see him disappear.

• Like 4

i'd disagree with that. he definitely has relevance. you might disagree with him, and fair enough, but he is relevant. i doubt that habanos would like to see him disappear.

What I meant is his -opinions- have no relevance (to me, at least). He worked at CA and their tastings are, well, you know. Plus I can't stand his self-important style.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

That's pretty rich, even for Suckling. I'm hoping he's being extremely facetious...:neutral:

Ah, it's him, ok... well then... Yes, seems sometimes we don't grasp his humorous nature.

37 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

What I meant is his -opinions- have no relevance (to me, at least). He worked at CA and their tastings are, well, you know. Plus I can't stand his self-important style.

He did some interesting stuff on Cuba when there wasn't a ton of that kind of media available in the US, which I thought was kinda cool.  But I've always thought him a bit of a charlatan when it comes to reviewing cigars.  And his style, as you mentioned, probably has a lot to do with my opinion, too.

I'm a slow smoker. At minimum, it usually takes me an additional 50% of the estimated time to smoke a cigar.
I'm guessing James was joking when he said it only took him 7 minutes to smoke that cigar ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

For me, he finally got himself disqualified when not correcting the heavy canoeing of his MPE in this vid (@ 6:44 or 7:55). Admittedly though, here I do share his assessment of the Reyes.

It read like an Onion article to me....