Best way to calibrate hydrometers.....

BellevilleMXZ

Gonna sound like an ass, but that's not my intention...

Number on hygrometer means nothing compared to how u like your cigars. If ur cigars are smoking wet, drop rH. If they are dry, add water. Use number on hygrometer as a guide and not a hard and fast rule.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Gonna sound like an ass, but that's not my intention...

Number on hygrometer means nothing compared to how u like your cigars. If ur cigars are smoking wet, drop rH. If they are dry, add water. Use number on hygrometer as a guide and not a hard and fast rule.

Very good point. I'll add to this why I ask. I calibrated with salt....they weren't off that far..Now that's at 75%.....I.had to add around 1-2 %on the 3 I have( 2 sensorpush, and a adorini). I now have bought some 65% bovedas.....checking with them, It looks like I should subtract about 2......So what way is the most accurate? I want these accurate so I can tell what I like the cigars at,

I;m thinking the bovedas are more accurate, as I noticed that even when calibrated all together awhile ago with salt, the adorini shows about 2% lower when its in the humidor with one of the sensorpush ones, when down around 63%or so. 

After 2 hrs sealed with the boveda tonight, (65%one)the adorini shows 68, and the sensorpush ones show 71%. They are turned up from base about 2, and adorini I don't remember. At 73f tonight  And the boveda is close to what RH they are typically used at also.....so what to trust?? lol I'm thinking boveda?

If this is the case, then the cigars have been a little dry.....I do find them sometimes a touch harsh at first , and then they smooth out, smoking in probably 75% or more outside RH, so maybe they are picking up RH?

This post makes me think the boveda is pretty accurate.....and I just used table salt, I see other posts about using the right kind.... have no idea if it was the "right" salt