Video Review - Cohiba Piramide Extra

Ferrero

Video feedback!

• Great first effort, Lauren!
  • Audio quality is very good.  The glorious lack of Bruce was observed and appreciated.
  • I appreciate that Rob's "Welcome to FOH!" occurs over the "Join FOH today!" transition.   Nice touch. :) 
  • Some variation in framing would add visual interest through the review.  Not a problem by any means, but something to keep in mind for later.
  • Excellent taste in outtakes.  Always love a bunch of outtakes!
  • Video has a(n unnecessary) black border around all sides.  Going full-width/height is better, in future.
  • I'm seeing encoding glitches at 5:52, 6:08, 6:26, 6:49, 7:34, 8:22, 8:30, 9:41, 9:52.  (At least on the YouTube 480p stream.)   Not sure if I recorded them all.
  • The final third comments ended rather abruptly.  Might be ok to include final third with final thoughts together, if the transition would be abrupt.
  • Audio in the Final Thoughts section is out of sync at 6:45 until 6:58.
  • Overall length of 11 minutes is good.  I'm quite ok with much longer reviews, for whatever it's worth!
  • Like 3

Another excellent video review!  Nice work Lauren.  Now, can you do something about the casting?  I believe proper casting would improve things immensely as well as raising the  overall level of the conversation. :P  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been through two boxes of these. One a 2012 and then a 2015. The 12's were awesome! The 15's were all floral and grass. Didn't think the second box was worth the coin. I'll spend my bucks on CCE's.

I have to say. I have loved Czar's video's from the very get-go, Good on everyone for their efforts, El Pres, Ken, Smithy, Warren, etc etc, although you set out (doubtlessly) on a fun, carefree take on enjoying/reviewing cigars.......you've definitely amassed a priceless resource for the honest smoker. You turned me on to De Dieux, Royal Selection No 11, ..........cant thank you enough. Hats off......slow clap

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 99call said:

I have loved Czar's video's from the very get-go

Me, too, and I keep waiting for other cigar review vloggers to catch up to their quality, but it never happens. Every few months, I make a concerted effort to see if there's anyone good out there that I'm missing to add to my watch list, but nobody satisfies like the FoH gang.

More reviews of regular production, please!  :wub:

7 hours ago, btort910 said:

Cohiba +10%...moving farther and farther out of reach!

guys, rob can confirm this but i think you'll find that it was 10% across the board, not just cohiba, but it only applies to aussies, thanks to the government. and it happened back end of june (not suggesting that greg has sat on this review even if he has - no wonder he got dumped).

On 09/08/2017 at 7:18 AM, Ken Gargett said:

guys, rob can confirm this but i think you'll find that it was 10% across the board, not just cohiba, but it only applies to aussies, thanks to the government. and it happened back end of june (not suggesting that greg has sat on this review even if he has - no wonder he got dumped).

This particular price rise was thanks to HSA, and while there was a general price increase, the 10% jump was specific to Cohiba:

Original release was glorious. Pure cohiba. The following years, I agree. Decent, but not what it could be. Btw, I stoked my one and only CGR this year and it was a monster - best cohiba ever. Thanks for the review!

The one I of these I smoked after having it in the humi for over a year was absolutely flavorless.  I was shocked as these gents were, because I was expecting something unique whether to my taste or not.  I wont judge the line on one stick, but not real motivated to smoke the other ones I have.

Thanks for the honest vid, I thought maybe it was just me and not the cigar before I saw this!

On 10/08/2017 at 10:58 AM, Ken Gargett said:

ah, thanks. how nice. a price rise on top of the price rise.

Don't forget 16% in September!

• 2 months later...