Dog Walkers

Rustyman

My cigar smoking opportunities are limited to once or twice per week due to circumstances, preference etc.  One of those occasions per week will be a walk with the dog on Saturday or Sunday.  This normally takes between 45-60 minutes.  The cigars I smoke while walking the dog is generally from the Cheap & Cheerful variety as it has to be able to withstand wind, hot or cold weather and sometimes even drizzle. 

I have been trying a number of smaller C&C's to accompany me on these walks and these are my findings:

JLP Petit Centros - Got a five pack of these and must admit I am impressed.  Good solid tobacco flavours and generally good construction and burn

Quintero Petit Quinteros - Swapped for some of these and after the initially being too wet.  The next couple I smoked were a similar experience to the JLP's but just a bit more rustic.

Quintero Favoritos - Just a bit to big for a 45-60 minute walk.  Probably a better cigar to have with a drink sitting on the porch than either the JLP or the Petit Quintero.

Flor de Cano Selectos.  A cremas, so just too big for the walk.  Also, very mild flavours, not what I want on a walk with a number of distractions

Partagas Super Partagas.  I enjoy these so too good for a dog walker.

What are your experiences in smoking and walking and what is your criteria for and choices for a "dog walker"

Had a walk with the dog this afternoon for about an hour.  Lit up a Monte Open Junior that had been gifted.  I was a bit wary as my previous experience of a Monte Open did not go down so well but this one was decent and did not suffer to badly under windy conditions and smoking at too fast a pace.  Not worthy of a repeat though as I would smoke a Monte 4 if I wanted Monte flavours.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't beat the JLP Petit Cetros. It's the prefect size for a quick jaunt and the price is beyond right at less than $2/stick.

I'd have to point out that the Super Partagas and Monte Open would not qualify as a C & C. Over $4/stick pretty much bumps it out of the category IMO. Quintero, JLP, LFDC, PLPC and RGPC are pretty much the C & C lineup. There really aren't any long-filler C & Cs that I can think of except the occasional great deal on PLMC. 

Thanks @NSXCIGAR.  I think I am settling on JLP Petit Centros and Quintero Petit Quintero's for now.  Both have a good strong tobacco flavour and are not too sensitive to conditions.  

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I try not to smoke outside when it's windy. I tried Smoking a few times and got poisoned and a headache, because you inhale the smoke of cigar smoldering into your lungs. Therefore, it is necessary that the wind blew back in the back. Usually I choose NC saturated and smoky, for example Padron x000 series Maduro