Pre embargo humidor

Wonder if anyone might be able to help? I just picked up an old Hoyo de Monterrey humidor from the 40's or 50's. It doesn't have a key. Does anyone know what size skeleton keys the old Cuban humidors used? The newer humidor keys are too large.

8 hours ago, polarbear said:

You could probably pick it with a couple of paperclips and a cable tie

Old humidor locks weren't exactly complex

☺ It's open right now. I want to be able to use the lock. You're right the lock is not complex.

I guess it depends on what sizes. Probably 70 - 100. I plan on stocking this one with hoyo DC's, Epi 2's and du prince. That's what I have on hand right now. I already have a wineador, 2 footlockers and 4 desktop humidors. I just thought it was kinda cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

It's beautiful. I'd love to have one of those. I know there are a lot of old Upmann humidors floating around. Maybe I'll try to search one out. A UK market Punch humidor would probably be my grail desktop.

I've seen a few of the smaller Upmann's around, never saw a Punch. Maybe they're around in europe more than the states.

10 hours ago, bugman78629 said:

IS THAT MOLD ON WINDOW FRAME BY YOUR A/C...??? :o

☺ No it's remnants of the old black foam insulation used around the A/C last year. The glue from that insulation is crazy. I never cleaned off the glue. The room is only used for my cigars and my CD's/stereo.

20 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

Any idea what kind of price range those desktop Upmanns tend to travel in?

It all depends. They can be a few hundred to a couple thousand. They made standard humi's and also custom ones for certain clients. The custom ones have fancier inlays etc.