Top cigar so far this year

Hey guys just wondering  what is the top cigar this year so far?  A no brainier buy.  If you see it on a 24:24 you pray you email Di fast enough (except for today of course).  Just kinda wondering, seems like the cigars I would not think would be sold first are sold out in 30 seconds. Sorry maybe this was asked already just can't sleep my little boy needs major brain surgery just trying to keep my mind occupied.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your little boy. I hope he feels better. I'm pretty new here but from what I've seen it's usually the behikes or the winnies that you need to have the quickest draw. I don't think the 24:24 would be a good basis to determine what's great right now because the Rob and the team do a pretty good job of shielding us from the worst of the worst out there. In regards to young cigars, I've been trying around some stuff from here and what I had brought back from Havana last April. I had an HUPC that pulled me right back to vinales. So I'd say to get those why you still can. I also just can't seem to keep my hands off some young R&J churchhills that I just picked up. I just had a plugged one that I ended up bitting off the foot and nubbing. Probably not my proudest moment but I would do it again in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:  A 2015 box of Hoyo Epi 2 have also been another one I can't seem to let alone. The 2016  Boli's I've had had all been great lately as well, pc, coronas gigantes, libertador. 

In regards to NC: the winners for me have been the Padron 50th aniversary in Natural, Ashton VSG Belicoso No. 1, and a tatuaje chuck that I had from a box of pudgy monsters with yellow cello mmm.

• Like 1

If you follow 24:24 regularly, clearest thing to notice is that those cigars selling out quickest are not necessarily congruent with the best or best value cigars. Makes me often wonder. E.g. just recently Rob posted Trini Reyes (mentioned, he found less than a dozen qual. boxes - for me a great cigar right now) and they were still to be had the next day while dodgy double-banders were selling out in the blink of an eye. Granted, it may be a matter of personal preference but certainly not of good and bad.

If I may give you one advice here: Don't take 24.24s as a yardstick to your own buying decisions!

Sorry about your son - all the best wishes for him and your family!

• Like 3

Hope everything goes well for your boy.  That would be a tough thing to go through for sure.  I think when you see certain cigars sell out fast you're seeing the net result of not very many boxes available at high quality being sold.  Mostly what sells out fast is PSP/HQ stock of perennial favorites like Dip2s, RYJ Churchills, JLS 2, Most all Cohiba, and D4.  Don't underestimate how many people watch, and wait for a certain quality box to come up.  I don't think as many people are watching for PCs and skinnies, which is often why they sit for awhile.  Which is a shame really, but not to us PC fans.  

To answer your question I think Siglo 2 are smoking great right now.  To my tastes it's hard to find a better fresh cigar.  I highly recommend getting a box if you haven't already.  

• Like 2

Hope once your lad pulls through the operation that it'll be the end of your worries. Sincerest best wishes. 

And my favourite cigar this year from 24;24 has been the El Principe-and other's seem to like it too because it usually goes fast !

Can't imagine what you and your family are going through.  Best wishes and prayers to your son and family.

As for the best smoke I have had so far in 2017 is the HU Connie A from 2015.  What a complex cigar and it does go fast on 24:24 when it shows up!!

Hey Man, very sorry to hear about your son.  My boy had to have two surgeries within the first 8 months of his life so I can imagine what you're feeling right now.  Just remember that kids are super resilient and they heal and regenerate in a way that adults can't.  All the best wishes on that front.

As far as best cigar of the year...  I had an Edmundo Dantes Belicoso the other day that probably takes the cake so far..  pretty gruff at the moment but very promising for sure.

• Like 1