Posts sluggish with Iphone

mkz

7 hours ago, refresh said:

We ran a software update of the forums apps yesterday and it broke a few things. One of those relies on Javascript which is no longer loading correctly. I suspect that's the cause of any slowdowns you may be experiencing.

We're aware of the issue and are waiting for our developer to get a fix in place.

Much appreciated! :2thumbs:

topmen.JPG.711beb2e66c5afa94c6ea28f1c92d4a0.JPG

@refresh

not sure if it's useful information or not, but if I select the + sign as if i intend to multiquote I can scroll rapidly as before the upgrade.  However if I actually proceed to reply its back to a super sluggish response time.   All my tech is Apple so I'm kinda crossed up until it gets reaolved.    

Mostly laying off visiting until the issue resolves.  Shoutbox is okay. 

I've just posted another fix. Could those using Safari browsers on iOS and MacOS please re-test.

@refresh: I've narrowed the issue down to styles affected by the `body.ipsApp` class clashing with some of our custom styles.

Removing the `ipsApp` class from the body fixes the scrolling. It was proving very difficult combing through the styles to try and identify which style(s) were causing the problem so I tried another strategy - trying to figure out what the clicking the + quote fixed the problem.

After another couple of hours of trial-and-error, I came up with a hack that appends a div with inline styles to the end of the `body` that has a combination of styles that fixes the problem, but doesn't *seem* to interfere with the functioning of the forum. 

I also checked quickly in Chrome and it appears to be unaffected.

So I guess in summary, this is a short-term hack more than a fix and I'd like Invision to do further investigation if possible.