What microbrewery beer(s) from your area do you recommend?

treberty

Here in central Pennsylvania there are tons of microbreweries.  Troegs Brewery has Nimble Giant, Nugget Nectar, and Bourbonator are my favorites there.  Lancaster Brewing has Jam #1 ipa which is awesome, and Spring House has some good stuff too.

I prefer the brewery in my garage. Currently on tap is... Bourbon Barrel Porter, Porter that didn't get oak and bourbon, Citra and Mosaic IPA and Heretic Evil Twin clone (Dark Red IPA). Up next will be a German Lager and a Pale Ale. If I have to buy, locally I like New Glory, Knee Deep, Amador and Jack Russell breweries.

Brewery.JPG

• Like 4

Jacks Abby in my town of Framingham is a larger specialty brewer that ages many largers in wooden barrels.  Their Smoke & Dagger dark larger is just out of this world and drinking in their beer hall is quite fun.  Great fun and neat vibe.  A must visit for anyone into beer that visits MA.

We’re back up to two breweries on Maui, with Maui Brewing Company being the oldest. Love their Big Swell IPA, and a recent special release called Haleakala Sunryes was an awesome Rye IPA. 

Kohola Brewing Company is relatively new (took over the original Maui Brewing Company brewery in Lahaina when MBC expanded to a large new facility in Kihei). Have not tried them yet, but I’ve heard good things.

30 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

My favorite JA is their leisure Time, and I also drink the House lager.

For the house we buy House Lager in the 16 oz.  I forget what else we bought the last time but it was super hopped. We live 1.5 half from there & go often.   

I want JA to make a beer Eau de Vie.  They make at my cousin's local brewery in Biel, CH and it totally rocks.  I mentioned it once and they were interest and I'll get a bottle from Biel for them to try next month.

We are fortunate to have several around central Ohio.  Of late I have been enjoying Seventh Son's "Rookery" porter and their "Humulus Nimbus" Strong Pale.  Rockmill, Elevator, Buckeye Lake all have something to my liking as well.  Enjoy the quest!

Micro breweries are sprouting up like weeds here in Miss and LA. We have one here in Natchez that is producing some pretty good beer! They just came out with a Berliner Weisse that is excellent with smoked foods like Brisket. Also nice with cigars. Down on the coast, Biloxi brewing has some seasonal s that are good. I particularly like their Salty Dog seasonal.The Miss. legislature, in the last session changed the law to allow on site sales and taprooms on premises which is really giving the micros a shot in the arm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baderbrau in Chicago is a great brewery. A resurrected brand that has a great Czech-style Pilsener (Chicago Pilsener) and a Helles (South Side Pride) that are fantastic. Fairly basic but well made. I love to support local breweries but find alot of them lack balance and are too hoppy. These guys do it right and are also a total mom n pop operation and the brewery has a bunch of other beers on tap and great food. 

Northern California has a fair number.  http://projects.sfchronicle.com/2017/brewery-map/

Safe bets for my taste include Lagunitas in Petaluma, Russian River in Santa Rosa, Anderson Valley in Boonville, and Bear Rebublic in Healdsburg.  Some of these have gotten large enough that I they might not qualify as micro -- but they do remain indie.