Modern Guayabera's

Many of us own a Guayabera. I love modern Guayabera's and am always on the lookout for something a little different. I came across the below. 

Y.A. Bera brand

www.yaberaclothing.com 

Now it is not my style (it might be yours) but I would love hear your opinion on guayabera's and ones that tickle your fancy.  Post up some photo's if you can. 

These are some Y.A Bera

Guaya.JPG

...Bought my brother-in-law one some years back. He really loved it!

My cousin wore one for his beach wedding a few years ago, and got us guys standing with him the same ones.  Fanatastic shirt...all white, with just a bit of embroidered pattern, and a separate cigar-sized pocket on one side that we all put a Montecristo No 2 (my cousin's favorite cigar) in during the wedding.  We all looked sharp!

I love Guayaberas ! In fact they saved my bacon. After landing in Havana last year the Cuban authorities lost my luggage for a week. In that time I tried to find something my size to wear in Havana. If you wear a L or under you are fine with plenty T-shirts etc. I'm not. All I managed to find were 2 guayaberas in my size which did me for a week. I looked fine sitting down behind a table, but not too sure when stood up revealing my shorts ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colt45 said:

Too restrained for you?

Actually I am saving up for one of these leather Guagabera from Marc Copti  https://www.becsdesign.store/

Marc allowed me to try one on when we caught up in Havana.  The quality is extreme and it can be worn as a straight guayabera or a very light  jacket.

.......but Colt....that or a fluro green polyester one :D

https://www.becsdesign.store/

2S2A0116.jpg

19 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Actually I am saving up for one of these leather Guagabera from Marc Copti  https://www.becsdesign.store/

Marc allowed me to try one on when we caught up in Havana.  The quality is extreme and it can be worn as a straight guayabera or a very light  jacket.

https://www.becsdesign.store/

2S2A0116.jpg

Very metro.  Simon, is that you? ;) @Strada

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, El Presidente said:

Many of us own a Guayabera. I love modern Guayabera's and am always on the lookout for something a little different. I came across the below. 

Y.A. Bera brand

www.yaberaclothing.com 

Now it is not my style (it might be yours) but I would love hear your opinion on guayabera's and ones that tickle your fancy.  Post up some photo's if you can. 

These are some Y.A Bera

Guaya.JPG

Get Nate a "blue suede edition" one to match his pimp shoes!!!!  :D 

21 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Actually I am saving up for one of these leather Guagabera from Marc Copti

Saving up?!  :rotfl:

I do like suede shirt/jackets as well :)

I do recall you wearing neon green (with neon pink hat) on race day some years back. And a nice pink and white number while visiting Hamlet and family.

44 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

I do recall you wearing neon green (with neon pink hat) on race day some years back. And a nice pink and white number while visiting Hamlet and family.

Fluro loves me.......;)

When I was in Miami back in March, i was recommended to visit Ramon Puig, just outside Little Havana. HUGE selection, both of colours and styles, and more important quality of cloth. I bought 3 Guayberas, I prefer plain colours, none of this namely pamby patterned crap. The quality of the Irish linen Is superb, and forever they made adjustments for a perfect fit for an extra $20/each. These weren't the cheapest, probably $120 each inc adjustments, but they are very comfy.

Keith.