Many of us own a Guayabera. I love modern Guayabera's and am always on the lookout for something a little different. I came across the below. 

Y.A. Bera brand

www.yaberaclothing.com 

Now it is not my style (it might be yours) but I would love hear your opinion on guayabera's and ones that tickle your fancy.  Post up some photo's if you can. 

These are some Y.A Bera

Guaya.JPG

garbandz   

those look fine if you wear a MEDIUM........

• Like 1

Judging from the pictures, I might need to get a couple tribal tatts before I can pull those off

• Like 3

cigcars   

...Bought my brother-in-law one some years back. He really loved it!

My cousin wore one for his beach wedding a few years ago, and got us guys standing with him the same ones.  Fanatastic shirt...all white, with just a bit of embroidered pattern, and a separate cigar-sized pocket on one side that we all put a Montecristo No 2 (my cousin's favorite cigar) in during the wedding.  We all looked sharp!

FatPete   

I love Guayaberas ! In fact they saved my bacon. After landing in Havana last year the Cuban authorities lost my luggage for a week. In that time I tried to find something my size to wear in Havana. If you wear a L or under you are fine with plenty T-shirts etc. I'm not. All I managed to find were 2 guayaberas in my size which did me for a week. I looked fine sitting down behind a table, but not too sure when stood up revealing my shorts 😜

• Like 1

Certainly not for every occasion, but in the right situation I think they are quite sharp. I lean towards the "quieter" colors though. Hell, I've already got the beard......

nino   
2 hours ago, Stogeyfish said:

Emiliano Nelson in Havana does great custom work; and he's a cigar smoker!

Yep, great guy and great Guayaberas ( albeit a bit expensive at ca. 140 CUC a piece ).

Around the corner from Ivan Justo.

http://www.thehogtownrake.com/?p=3060

• Like 2

Lotusguy   

Do they come in neon green? :innocent:

Colt45   
19 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Now it is not my style

Too restrained for you?

I do like the idea of something more fitted, but don't much care for the high contrast embroidery of these, though the khaki and gray is pretty nice.

• Like 1

For my own taste, I'm too much of a traditionalist for the Y. A. Bera stuff. It looks fine, but I'd rather go with a white linen ropa vieja item. Those Nelsons look the business!

1 hour ago, Colt45 said:

Too restrained for you?

Actually I am saving up for one of these leather Guagabera from Marc Copti  https://www.becsdesign.store/

Marc allowed me to try one on when we caught up in Havana.  The quality is extreme and it can be worn as a straight guayabera or a very light  jacket.

.......but Colt....that or a fluro green polyester one :D

https://www.becsdesign.store/

2S2A0116.jpg

19 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Actually I am saving up for one of these leather Guagabera from Marc Copti  https://www.becsdesign.store/

Marc allowed me to try one on when we caught up in Havana.  The quality is extreme and it can be worn as a straight guayabera or a very light  jacket.

https://www.becsdesign.store/

2S2A0116.jpg

Very metro.  Simon, is that you? ;) @Strada

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, El Presidente said:

Many of us own a Guayabera. I love modern Guayabera's and am always on the lookout for something a little different. I came across the below. 

Y.A. Bera brand

www.yaberaclothing.com 

Now it is not my style (it might be yours) but I would love hear your opinion on guayabera's and ones that tickle your fancy.  Post up some photo's if you can. 

These are some Y.A Bera

Guaya.JPG

Get Nate a "blue suede edition" one to match his pimp shoes!!!!  :D 

Colt45   
21 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Actually I am saving up for one of these leather Guagabera from Marc Copti

Saving up?!  :rotfl:

I do like suede shirt/jackets as well :)

I do recall you wearing neon green (with neon pink hat) on race day some years back. And a nice pink and white number while visiting Hamlet and family.

44 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

I do recall you wearing neon green (with neon pink hat) on race day some years back. And a nice pink and white number while visiting Hamlet and family.

Fluro loves me.......;)

Lotusguy   
Fluro loves me.......

Hence my comment earlier ;)

When I was in Miami back in March, i was recommended to visit Ramon Puig, just outside Little Havana. HUGE selection, both of colours and styles, and more important quality of cloth. I bought 3 Guayberas, I prefer plain colours, none of this namely pamby patterned crap. The quality of the Irish linen Is superb, and forever they made adjustments for a perfect fit for an extra $20/each. These weren't the cheapest, probably $120 each inc adjustments, but they are very comfy.

Keith.