Ardbeg An Oa

Ken Gargett

ardbeg have just released a new core range whisky, An Oa. i gather it is at 55 peat (whatever the measurement thingee is). a sample arrived this morning.

i do, as rob has mocked me, currently have ebola, masquerading as the flu, so have not tried it but it smalls wonderful.

wondering if anyone else has had a chance to see it?

Ardbeg make lovely whiskey, I think the measure you need is 55 PPM   (parts per million.)   of Peat...  ;)

Or Parts per Milli Litre, one gets confused, don't you know    :huh:.

Pretty sure Laphroaig is parts per Milli Litre of Peat..............:lol:

By the way, the new product , An Oa, is pronounced "WAHHH "........

that's the sound you make after tasting it...............:buddies:

welcome back.

1 hour ago, shlomo said:

Pretty sure all Ardbeg is 55ppm except Supernova (more) and Blasda (much less). 

Wish they would just put a damn year on it. Ardbeg 7 yr old would be interesting. 

hi shlomo. my bloke (local state manager) quoted me as the others being around 46 ppm. i checked the website. it says they are 50 ppm. be interesting to know if much variation with different batches. presume not too much.

there is nothing in the trade notes they submitted as to age and nor can i see anything on the site. keen to get rid of this lurgy and have a good look at it. next week, perhaps.

7 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

hi shlomo. my bloke (local state manager) quoted me as the others being around 46 ppm. i checked the website. it says they are 50 ppm. be interesting to know if much variation with different batches. presume not too much.

there is nothing in the trade notes they submitted as to age and nor can i see anything on the site. keen to get rid of this lurgy and have a good look at it. next week, perhaps.

Hey Ken, welcome back.

I could be wrong about the 55 pm. I just read it online a while back, but it wasn't an official Ardbeg site. There wouldn't be anything regarding age. Fancy story-telling will sell more bottles than a single digit age slapped prominently on the label will. It's a shame.