Regional Edition Habanos - Canada, Spain, France

New Friends,

For my virgin post, I would like to elicit some advice on potential cubano purchases on my upcoming trips in November.  I will be in Toronto, Canada; San Sebastian, Spain; Madrid, Spain and Bordeaux, France.

Could I ask FOH help on B&M establishments in each city that might have some good RE or otherwise special cubanos not readily available elsewhere?

Thanks

Buck

In the city there is a LCDH, and there is a lounge I'm aware of but never been to called the cigar company which is a barbershop + lounge/shop.

If you want to venture east or north I'd recommend either Victory Cigars in Oshawa (about an hour east of the city) highly recommend their house blend (my local B&M) or try Cigar Bodega in Unionville (about 45 minutes north east of the city) which also has a great house blend.

P.S. both the east and north shops have large walk in humidors. And if you're into some travel. There is a shop on one of the Aboriginal Reserves in Orillia which has Canada's largest walk in (and low low prices ;) )

Greetings Buck!

Welcome to FOH. As Fuzz suggests, an introductory post is always appreciated.

Cheers

If you're visiting those cities in order (Toronto first), then I'd heartily recommend spending very little (or even none!) of your budget in Canada.  They have astonishingly high taxes.  You will get much more bang for your buck in the other locales you're visiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGipper said:

If you're visiting those cities in order (Toronto first), then I'd heartily recommend spending very little (or even none!) of your budget in Canada.  They have astonishingly high taxes.  You will get much more bang for your buck in the other locales you're visiting.

Emphasis on "astonishingly". Your money will go farther in Spain.

The LCDH in Yorkville is worth visiting, however the prices are extremely high in Canada. For any large purchases I would suggest purchasing in Europe. Ive heard the El Corte Ingles department stores in Spain have large walk in humidors.

I have been to most of the shops in the Toronto area. Most have large non cuban selections with the CC's relegated to a small shelf.

LCDH, Havana Castle and Village Cigar Co have the largest selections i've seen. I have also heard good things about The Smokin Cigar on Bayview. The LCDH "should" have some Canadian regionals. I purchased a RA Gordito there a few years back.

That being said I think you would be wasting your time visiting multiple shops. The LCDH is downtown Toronto it's easily accessible and it has the largest selection. Most of the other shops do not carry Regionals and LE's.

• Like 1

You're looking at $30+ on RE's in Canada.  I can say the LCDH in Montreal has very extensive selection of RE's from every corner of the world.  Pretty impressive, but so is the cost of the cigars.  I'd assume Toronto's LCDH is just as nice.  

Canada's own RE's have been very good cigars.

Spain is a great place to buy, smokes and louge around love Barcelona and Madrid.  France not as prolific as Spain

when it comes to cigars but they have good RE's and Nice has some decent cigar shops.  I stay

at a little town on the Rivi. called Menton about a mile from Italy so catching a train to Milano or some other place in Italy

is super easy.  Love the area in spring, Menton france.  Aix Provence  has a great cigar shop on the main through fare.