What would you buy - Baby Edition

A cab of either SLR DC, Party Lusi, HdM DC. Either one would have the legs, but I'd personally pick the HdM DC. As they age, that sweet cream comes forth, much like those sweet memories of your child growing up as you reminisce.

• Like 4

i'm having the same dilemma.  problem is a few of the items i am looking for aren't as probable as i had hopped for with the DEC16' box code.

If i could score PunchDC that would be very nice.  Winston the same.  It now feels i either have to expand my search or be opportunistic on something else without

pulling the trigger on something i really don't want.

• Like 1

I was only supposed to get 1 box when my son was born, ended up with 4 different :covereyes: so far (I am a sucker for that month/year box code which is almost instant justification!):

Cohiba Lanceros & Esplendidos

HdM DC cab

Jorge Lopez rolled Monsdale (not rolled on the same month/year but I thought why not)

Awaiting custom bands which I will design and have printed to commemorate his birth.

• Like 1

Hey JamesKPolkEsq are Congratulations in order? If so, congrats and best of luck brother.

I was blessed with the birth of my first child and decided to buy some boxes to age and eventually share with them. I went with the best that I could find produced that month. Luckily I found some El Laguito Cohiba Lanceros and I had no hesitation pulling the trigger since I enjoy them fresh and aged.

I guess you are bound by what comes out of the island/factories that month. I am not sure how '17 stock is since I have not yet tried, but I would say go with something you like and would want to share with them one day. 

-Shake

• Like 1

Forget the birth year thing. Just buy a box of solid cigars that will age and perform. I bought some newer cigars for my kids birthday from 2013 that were highly graded and looked great... until you picked one up. They are underfilled junk with soft spots and poor packing. I have little faith to age all of the new stuff for years and years. I decided to dedicate my last intact box of Festival Marevas... since they aren't underfilled and I've already smoked many of them.

• Like 2

Espléndidos or Siglo VI's are reached for in moments of celebration. 

If you don't wanna go that steep... My fav DC is the Lusi. HdMs come is second and RAGs are close behind. 

In that same vein are the Connie As. Find them at a good price, and if you're having a boy... Buy two boxes. Gift your kid a full box when he turns 21, and then smoke half of those with him. Sound advice! LoL

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JamesKPolkEsq said:

Thanks for the great suggestions all! 

Baby Casey born January, so something ENE 17 would be be ideal. 

Some recent ENE 17 boxes on past 24:24

HdM Epicure No.1 (25ct)

HdM Epicure No.2 (50ct)

H.Upmann PC (25ct)

ERDM Choix Supreme (25ct)

Monte Especial No.2 (25ct)

Monte 80th Anniversario (20ct)

Good time to hit up Rob to keep his eye out for ENE 17 boxes that you are wanting.

• Like 1

2 HdM 50 cabs, you'll be able to share some later in their life and you wont wince when your child gets up there in age (you'll be around, medicine's only getting better).

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

Birth year items should have the birth year on it; just like buying wine for a birth year...  Go for 2017 EL's.

If you plan to smoke one a year, how about a fancy box of Cohibas?

Ah but why stop there?  Go for the combo of Birth Month and Year.  To answer the OP's question.

If a girl, a smaller RG "dainty" cigar. Like an HdM Du Gourmet or Cola.  25 cab or something else in the Dalias/Lonsdale vitola (if still around). For a boy, I might go for Mag 50, Sir Winston, Esplendido, 

• Like 1

Buy as many boxes as you can! By then tobacco will likely be highly illegal and a few boxes will pay his way though college! Move him out of Kalifornia and give him a chance to be a real kid, make mud pies, play with matches etc...

Get him something with an internal combustion engine too. -LOL

Congrats mate!

-Piggy

• Like 4